Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kiliki moves to Ft. Lauderdale!

Pages: 1 27 replies

Ok, the company I work for threw me this bone once and I didn't take it. I was just offered the entire Florida region on the 2nd try with an offer I couldn't refuse.

I will be relocating to the Ft. Lauderdale area in mid-January. I am really excited about everything except the weather! I'll be based there and will travel to all of our locations in Florida.

I will still carry on with Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta and will be in attendance on those dates.

I look forward to spending time with all of you in Florida and of course will find residence as close to the Mai Kai as possible. Not to mention this is going to make organizing Hukilau so much easier.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-12-13 16:47 ]

Congratulations! Sounds like you can still live it up.

P

Awesome news.
You'll love it there.

See you at the Hawaiian Inn in Jan.?

My goodness, congratulations!!!!!!
Welcome to the FL ohana. May the ever present sunshine smile in your favor on moving days.
Here's to many more Mai Kai memories in your future. :drink:

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki on 2004-12-14 03:41 ]

I'm not sure if I'm making it to the Hawaiian Inn or not. Hopefully so, this move is going to happen pretty quickly. I'm already taking over some locations and it looks like I'll be down this week for 2 days and 3 next week.

Thanks everyone - I'm excited!

Welcome to the Tropics!

There are hurricanes and it does get hot, but you can't beat the weather - middle of December and you can still go swimming.

Welcome to the (sorta, kinda) neighborhood!

B

Congrats, Florida ohana are very fortunate to have you. Welcome to Ft.Lauderdale. If you need anything, ask, there is plenty of help here.

Edited...

She moved in. She had some fun. She moved on.

Last I heard she is in ALabama.

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-02-23 10:27 ]

C

Kiliki,
Congratulations! I'm very relieved to see you'll still be carrying on the Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta. I'm here to help if you need someone in Atlanta.
Chacha

The Haole Kats welcome you to our fair state (of mind). Let us know where your new Tiki Digs are located. (you know welcome wagon info)Touch base with us when you get nested !!!!
On 2004-12-13 16:46, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Ok, the company I work for threw me this bone once and I didn't take it. I was just offered the entire Florida region on the 2nd try with an offer I couldn't refuse.

I will be relocating to the Ft. Lauderdale area in mid-January. I am really excited about everything except the weather! I'll be based there and will travel to all of our locations in Florida.

I will still carry on with Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta and will be in attendance on those dates.

I look forward to spending time with all of you in Florida and of course will find residence as close to the Mai Kai as possible. Not to mention this is going to make organizing Hukilau so much easier.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

The Haole Kats welcome you to our fair state (of mind). Let us know where your new Tiki Digs are located. (you know welcome wagon info)Touch base with us when you get nested !!!!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

On 2004-12-14 18:52, Chip and Andy wrote:
And, this is for everyone reading, espcesially you TikiKiliki: We have lived here four years now and only had four hurricanes. Granted all four were in the same year.... And, it is December and I still have orchids blooming! Who else can say that?

I guess we can't, I've never had a Hurricane while living in San Diego. Firestorms yes, Hurricanes no. But we have Orchids, too, and no Gators!

tiki_kiliki, when are you taking over all North American Operations for your company? How about just all West Coast Operations? Maybe all Florida & the Tiki Ti? :D

What a lovely turn of fortune!

(That's sort of like some of us getting a job offer in Modesto!

Well, uh...not quite, uh...:wink:)

Congratulations, Kiliki! Imagine, being a regular at the Mai Kai. I'm sure Florida will be extremely good to you.

You realize, guys, this means Fort Lauderdale now has an even stronger "Anti-Hurricane Tiki Force Field"!

xox tikivixen

Thanks to Tikivixen and everyone else. I'm too excited to be a regular at the Mai Kai - I've got to be sure to watch my pennies though.

Chip and Andy - we've got to make a regular night there and of course everyone should come along. Hopefully I can have a big pre-party at my place prior to Hukilau next year!

H

The Lifers welcome you to SoFla!

Wow. This is great news! You are going to love living in Florida. Let us know when you are visiting Orlando and good luck with the move.
KG

I will actually visit Orlando quite often. We have a location there and I will travel there at least twice monthly.

I see many road trips in my future! Tiki Road Trips!

Great news! Keep us updated..... I'm looking forward to the WELCOME PARTY HAPPY HOUR in January!....

That is so great! Steve and I were at The Mai Kai (as usual! lol) for dinner and a show last night, and we ran into cybertiki and family! They told us the good news, and we are all so excited to have you here! :D

You are welcome with open arms. :)

Bestest Wishes on your move!
Lenore

Thanks so much! I am in Miami today and visiting locations, meeting my staff. So exciting! I'll be looking at houses/apartments the rest of the day after lunch in the Lauderdale/Hollywood area.

I am tentatively planning to go to the Mai Kai tonight for a brief visit. My boss is with me so maybe I can convert her! Let me know if you receive this and want to join. You can email Chip and Andy (see this thread) and they can give you my cell phone number. Those of you that know my cell just feel free to give me a call!

FYI -- We don't use the term "Yee-haw" in Florida, at least not below the panhandle.
KG

Good luck with the new realm of Kiliki. Your staff is lucky to have a boss like you. So, your all-important residential shopping awaits? I hope that you will be guided to the perfect place to create your new hut.

K
Kono posted on Mon, Dec 20, 2004 4:38 PM

On 2004-12-20 13:17, Kailuageoff wrote:
FYI -- We don't use the term "Yee-haw" in Florida, at least not below the panhandle.
KG

Except when referring to Yeehaw Junction. :wink:

On 2004-12-20 16:38, Kono wrote:

On 2004-12-20 13:17, Kailuageoff wrote:
KG

Except when referring to Yeehaw Junction. :wink:

Score one for Kono!
KG

M
mig posted on Thu, Dec 23, 2004 12:25 AM

That's pretty cool! Be sure to look up crazy Erin when you're there (maybe you know her? She's been at the last two Hukilaus)-- she's a good friend of mine, she lives there in "Ft. Liquordale" and she is a lightning-rod for danger and excitement...

Yes Mig - I called her almost instantly when I found out. I'm sure we'll share some scandalous times!

checking up on the news and HOW FAB FOR YOU!!!

I come to FL about every 2 months, we have to get together! my work/friends are a little over taking me to Mai Kai ever time I show up!

:.) best of luck!

Pages: 1 27 replies