Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Donations for I Belli di Waikiki

Pages: 1 1 replies

S

Kiliki and I have always thought the world of the wonderful boys in I Belli di Waikiki. They make Hukilau so much fun and are just the nicest. But this week they did something we can't get over.

One of our biggest debts after Hukilau was to I Belli. We told them we would pay for their performance and cover their airfare this year. It was our biggest expense, but we had it in the budget (before Jeanne) and we wanted to do it. That was $3200 for tickets. I paid them for playing at the event and then was able to send them a first check for $1000 about a month ago. I got an email from Luky this week saying not to worry about the rest and use the money for next year's party.

Wow. Just speechless.

In 2003, it cost them just as much, actually more, $3600, to come play for us and we didn't pay anywhere near that amount. And now they do this.

So I am sending them a big thanks you package with Hukilau mugs for everyone and posters and whatever I can find. If you want to contribute to the Mahalo package, please send anything that's not too big to ship, to me and I'll forward it their way. Videos are fine. Thay have NTSC. I want to say thank you in as big a way as possible. Drop me a line to let me know to expect your package as well. Send to:

Tim Glazner
Attn: Hukilau
2700 Fenwood Dr.
Knoxville, TN 37918

Help us thank these guys!

So there realy is a Mahalo Spirit.
Tis the season.
I have not been to Hukilau yet, but I like their music.
THANKS I Belli di Waikiki!!

Pages: 1 1 replies