Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Nativity Manger

Pages: 1 15 replies

Hey i dont know if anyone else has done this, but i found some old nativity figures but i couldnt find the manger. Well guess what the tiki room collectible from Disneyland worked great!!!!

Check out the pix!!

http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp?aid=67b0de21b3389206a493

You have to be a member to view it?

I guess you do have to be a member, but it is free

Try this

http://biffinc.com/TikiNativity%20-%201.jpg

har

that reminds me of an antique store near us where the owner put pee-wee herman in the manger...

that is sick!

I meant that is sick to put pee wee herman in the manger, not the tiki nativity. The tiki nativity is great!!

Imagine how different the world would be if that was how it went down.

T

That's too funny - I just emailed the jpg to my old boss Larry Nikolai, who designed it....

Tangaroa,
Your little picture of the Tangaroa tree reminded me of a house post that's in a local gallery...it's HUGE, 176" tall. I see that tree face staring at me every time I go in there, and I'm reminded of the Enchanted Tiki Room one. Cooool. And only $17,500 CAD!

On 2004-12-15 16:08, Raffertiki wrote:

Instead of steeples on top of the church, there would be tikis?
That would get me back into the church scene!

Instead of Organs, people could sing along to blenders?

There is a book called "Lamb" about the life of Christ, as told by his Childhood friend "Biff"...very funny indeed. No tiki though, but some great pranks on the Romans.

On 2004-12-15 18:16, Tikiwahine wrote:
Tangaroa,
Your little picture of the Tangaroa tree reminded me of a house post that's in a local gallery...

That's a really cool carving! Is it really old? That price seems astronomical!

Tangaroa, It was carved in 1999. It's part of their 'collection' which I think means that they've come to the conclusion that no one is going to buy it.

It's an an art gallery right downtown so the prices are usually pretty high. They go over to New Guinea and represent artists by bringing back their work to sell.

I love this stuff but I'd take a TC artist over it any day.

MT

On 2004-12-16 00:26, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2004-12-15 16:08, Raffertiki wrote:

Instead of steeples on top of the church, there would be tikis?
That would get me back into the church scene!

Don't forget to take your communion navy grog!

That tiki manger is cool, and it reminded me of something I saw about 20 years ago that would fit right in with the tiki and religon posts.

On the old Saturday Night Live, the writer responsible for some of the sick comedy was called "Mr. Mike". He quit the show and did a movie that bombed called "Mr. Mikes Mondo Video". It was so horrible it was funny.

In one of the sketches starts with tiki music and drums, there is a model of a chuch that looks exactly like your manger. Inside Dan Ackroyd is preaching to a congregation in aloha shirts. Have they found the Lord (Jack Lord). The sermon ends with "book'em Danno" and the Hawaii 5-0 theme played on a pipe organ.

[ Edited by: captnkirk on 2004-12-19 23:29 ]

I'm sorry, but I have previous obligations and will not be able to fill this position of supervising your Tiki nativity scene; but I'm sure someone here will be able to do it. As we all know, doing these types of displays takes skill and creativity, and there is a great talent pool at Tiki Central---

Wait, "manger?"

I thought you said MANAGER!

sorry!

Pages: 1 15 replies