Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Ti Reopens! My First Time

Pages: 1 27 replies

Well, I finally get to make the holy trek to the Tiki Ti.
The Tiki Ti will reopen Dec. 29th.
I will be there on the Thursday the 30th. I will probably get there at opening to avoid the reopening rush.
This is the right way to start the New Year.
I hope to meet some of you L.A. TCers while I'm there.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-12-15 12:17 ]

don't forget to tell us what your 'first time' was like...

On 2004-12-15 12:19, Johnny Dollar wrote:
don't forget to tell us what your 'first time' was like...

It should be euphoric!
I better wear my Depends.

T

Great! I'll be there too! I'm staying here in the bay area for Christmas but I'm heading down south for the New Years holiday. I'll be in Los Angeles on Thursday and Friday and in San Diego on Saturday and Sunday.

I plan on stopping by the Tiki Ti on Thursday. On New Years Eve I'm going to the Birth of the Cool all-nighter to dance and catch up with old friends.

http://www.thebirthofthecool.com/

There's a good chance that my friend Ed "Christ on a Crutch" from San Diego will be joining me in LA.

Christ on a crutch! Ed, Jab and Unga at Tiki-Ti? Count me in! See you guys on that Thursday.

T

OOGA BOOGA!

M

On 2004-12-16 12:33, thejab wrote:
OOGA BOOGA!

UNGA BUNGA OOGA BOOGA'S!?!?!

M

MY first time was very special--I had been trying to go for about ten years but they were always closed!!! Talk about anticipation!!

T

On 2004-12-16 13:09, mrsmiley wrote:
MY first time was very special--I had been trying to go for about ten years but they were always closed!!! Talk about anticipation!!

I heard you got so excited you arrived at 5:00! That's what I call premature! :wink:

OOGA BOOGA!

JIBBA JABBA!

A

HI, I LIVE JUST A FEW MILES FROM THE TI...
ITS THE BESSSST. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, BIG ALTIKI

Tiki Ti is as Burning Man was to my adolesence. I totally gotta go there someday.

Jan. Definitely Jan.

On 2004-12-16 15:01, Unga Bunga wrote:

OOGA BOOGA!

JIBBA JABBA!

TORO TORO!!

Unga Bunga, great seeing you at the Lucky Tiki. Rendezvous again at the NoCal Crawl!

M
mig posted on Thu, Dec 23, 2004 12:50 AM

Hmm... I still haven't been there either. Looks like MIG MIGHT HAVE TO SHOW UP TOO!!! COUNT ME IN because I WILL BE THERE!

[ Edited by: mig on 2004-12-23 00:51 ]

mig ups the ante!!!

T

Woo Hoo! MIG too!

Hopefully, anyone else who's going to Palm Springs for New Years' Eve can also stop by the Tiki Ti on the 30th. (Humuhumu, weirdunc, mrsmiley, bigbro, Al and Shelley, etc.)

It's confirmed that Ed "Christ on a Crutch" will be there!

H

Jibba Jabba I am in....

This is gonna rock better than I could have imagined. Can't wait to see you all there.
Merry Christmas!
(Note to self: bring two pairs of Depends)

WATAH! - I am in!

Utopiandreem & i are in!

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-12-27 10:13 ]

I'll already be at the Tropics, kids, see y'all there.

It was awesome to finally meet a few of the TCers we've only met online, and to say hey to a few folks we only get to see once in a blue moon! And it was so nice to stay late for a change... MonkeyBoy and I had the most fun at Tiki-Ti we've had yet!

H

Hollywood can be a dangerous place... especially if you're a bear:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/firsttimerstikiti/

Had a great time with everyone! Christ on a crutch, it was keen to see Ed again! And a surprise visit from Mr. Lemoore! Plus I got to see the men's room! An action-packed night to be sure. Hope all you first-timers make many happy returns to Tiki-Ti.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 15:36 ]

I had such a great time.
All my drinks after Tiki Ti, have not been the same since. They all taste weak and cheep now (except at Alnshely's). Tiki Ti really is the Holy Tiki Grail. I will definitely make a stop there while going to Tiki Oasis.
And all the special people that showed up...(Even our fearless leader Hanford) It was just awesome.
You all made my visit even more the better.
Thanks!

T
thejab posted on Wed, Jan 5, 2005 1:12 PM

On 2005-01-05 12:54, Unga Bunga wrote:
All my drinks after Tiki Ti, have not been the same since. They all taste weak and cheep now (except at Alnshely's).

That's because they are cheaper everywhere else! But Tiki Ti's drinks are well worth it!

Great turnout! I wish I could have stayed longer but I had a birthday party to attend at 8:00 at Taylor's Prime Steakhouse. (So many engagements, so little time). Their food is still delicious and inexpensive and the decor can't be beat.

I hope everyone had a Happy New Year at Palm Springs and elsewhere. I had a blast at the all-nighter in Los Angeles dancing and drinking 'till dawn. And I saw some old LA friends from way back in the early 80s.

I'll see you on the fun train with "christ on a crutch" in March! I can't wait! Did everyone buy their tickets by January 3rd?

KK

Humu, uh...is there something special about the Men's room at Tiki Ti that I don't recall? Or maybe you just meant...oh nevermind..."what happens at Tiki Ti, STAYS at Tiki Ti" I guess!

M
mig posted on Sat, Jan 8, 2005 2:03 AM

Pictures from Tiki Ti-- including pics of Tiki Bare!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EegN2LJm2asmET

Pages: 1 27 replies