Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Tiki Room

Pages: 1 29 replies

Hi, I was in Disneyland this last weekend and noticed that they are making a new ride called "The Enchanted Tiki Room" --sounds cool!!
Also, I will be going to Vegas in a few weeks, what tiki stuff is there to do/see down there?

TM

A new ride at Disneyland??? And with Tiki in the title??? Hooray!!! I can't wait. Maybe it'll be like Small World where you travel around a groovy Tiki Island in an outrigger.

W

I know the original "Enchanted Tiki Room" is under refurbishment currently & is expected to reopen in March 2005. Do you think it was a new attraction you saw a sign for or did you see the Enchanted Tiki Room that's been there for 40 yrs??
=) Lisa

On 2004-12-15 18:23, Tiki Matt wrote:
A new ride at Disneyland??? And with Tiki in the title??? Hooray!!! I can't wait. Maybe it'll be like Small World where you travel around a groovy Tiki Island in an outrigger.

I was in a boat-I didn't get an outrigger when I took the Small World ride!! Dang!

On 2004-12-15 18:28, Weence wrote:
I know the original "Enchanted Tiki Room" is under refurbishment currently & is expected to reopen in March 2005. Do you think it was a new attraction you saw a sign for or did you see the Enchanted Tiki Room that's been there for 40 yrs??
=) Lisa

Oh, you could be right, I am only getting into Tiki stuff because of Jimmy Buffet and since his music is so cool, and he is Tiki, Tiki must be cool, right?
The sign said "the birds won;t be singing unitl Spring 2005" and it showed some Parrots!!! Go Parrotheads!!
Ps, any Buffet fans out there? Oh, they had some cool shirts and stuff by someone named "S.Hag" anyone heard of this person?
PPS-I don;t know why I put this in Tiki Events -my error!

V

hey, this S.hag seems like a cool guy...that would be funny if he could designed some tiki mugs, you know the kind you can have a tiki cocktail in (like a pina colada).

H

Hi FOOLFORTIKIS,

Thanks for pointing out the new Tiki ride at Disneyland. I can see that you are really enthusiastic about Tiki. You wouldn't happen to be into the Chum scene as well would you? You know, collecting Chum buckets, tasty Chum recipes, Chum tasting parties, etc...

Please let us know.

Dont April Fools finish at the end of April the 1st?

On 2004-12-16 01:19, virani wrote:
hey, this S.hag seems like a cool guy...that would be funny if he could designed some tiki mugs, you know the kind you can have a tiki cocktail in (like a pina colada).

Pina Colada's!?!?! Yuck-those are for fans of Rupert Holmes!!! It is Margarita's or nothin' for me! Now, if I can only find that lost shaker of salt.....

On 2004-12-16 01:44, Hakalugi wrote:
Hi FOOLFORTIKIS,

You wouldn't happen to be into the Chum scene as well would you? You know, collecting Chum buckets, tasty Chum recipes, Chum tasting parties, etc...

Please let us know.

"Chum"? That is archaic, isn't it? I use "pal" and "buddy" for my male terms of endearment.

try "zazz"...

FOOLFORTIKIS -

It's always nice to find another Tiki Fan who's not just a "Half Aft" Tiki fan, and shares "that particular state of mind". Take it from another Parrothead In Paradise, the opening of the new Tiki Room ride will be a rockin' event! Don't tell anyone else, but I hear from my inside sources that the new ride will have an authentic All-Reggae soundtrack, with a lot of Grateful Dead influences and that the first 100 participants will receive a custom S.Hag seat cushion and a real live monkey.

Hey FOOLFORTIKIS, Didn't I meet you at the HOTLANTA 2000? Here's a picture of me and the wife, just in case.

FOOLFORTIKIS - Don't let anyone foist their "purist" views of Tiki onto you. Tiki is really whatever you want it to be, as long as it has that "Island, Beach" vibe.

For me, there is nothing more tiki that kicking back on a beach chair next to my new swimming pool, reading a Carl Hiaasen novel, sipping a margarita and munchin' on a Boca Burger.

P.S. I know this is probably the wrong forum, but have any of you checked out "Radio Margaritaville"? They play all my favorite Tiki pop songs and Exotica hits, like "Cocomo".
http://www.radiomargaritaville.com/

Good hearing from you, FOOLFORTIKIS, and have a Merry Coconut Christmas! Keep dreaming of Warm Weather and Good Times.

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-12-16 17:58 ]

V

Sabu is my idol

Sabu - I'll buy you a cheesburger in paradise any day...

On 2004-12-16 12:33, Tangaroa wrote:
Sabu - I'll buy you a cheesburger in paradise any day...

say what you will about the Buffet, but his Cheeseburger in Paradise in Maui makes a darn tasty burger and is right on the water!

Now I'm hungry for a burger...

I think FoolforTiki's and SABU have it nailed down.

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-12-16 18:15 ]

N

Buffett??????? Tiki????????? Parrothead??????? Margaritas come from mexico!

sabu and unga bunga are my heroes :)

and here is the prototype of the new tiki room ride car

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-12-16 13:37 ]

Disneyland is going to get rich with this ride. I hope it has a waterfall!

MG

Is it possible that FOOLFORTIKIS is realy Bong in disguise?

N

I knew this had to be a joke. Good one!

I elect Sabu for King

On 2004-12-16 19:50, MEAN GENE wrote:
Is it possible that FOOLFORTIKIS is realy Bong in disguise?

No, I am not this Bong person. Why is he/she so famous?

On 2004-12-17 11:29, FOOLFORTIKIS wrote:

The world may never know.

K
Kono posted on Fri, Dec 17, 2004 6:27 PM

On 2004-12-17 11:29, FOOLFORTIKIS wrote:

Bong's a he/she? :-?

K

I have heard from some un-named sources that this new tiki ride will have a giant animi-tronic parrot that plucks park guests from the ride, flicks them in the air and then uses it's beak to crack open their heads.
All based upon a signal from hidden microphones hidden in the car. It will be triggered by computers, with voice recognition software, at the guest who is humming the loudest, some yet to be determined song.
Also just in from the Imagineers, the proto- type car to be used.

Gilbert Gottfried ruined the Tiki Room in Disney World. He should be hung by his cajones for that.

If they do the same thing at Disneyland, I will poop on them.

T

hey, don't blame Gilbert for doing what he was hired to do. blame Disney for instigating it! OK, if they'd offered it to Johnny Depp i'm sure he would have refused on principal (Oh, Johnny!!) but i have a feeling Gilbert doesn't turn down any paying gig. i'm not a fan (i actually dislike him too), just a pragmatist.

is this open yet?

Pages: 1 29 replies