Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Aerial Photo - Sam's Seafood, Seal Beach

Pages: 1 4 replies

I watched the movie 'Gidget' again this weekend for the 50th time and the credits mentioned that it was filimed on location at Corrillo Beach. So I did a little searching on the net for photos of the beach and and found this GREAT web site (turns out Corrillo Beach is north of Malibu). This site has close up color aerial photos (including historicals) of the coastline of California and these shots are really terrific. Anyway, I was browsing photos along the coastline and found Sam's Seafood because it is located just a block off of the beach.

Sam's is located along the inland side of the Pacific Coast Highway in the center of the photo. You can't miss the large building surrounded by palm trees with the A-frame entrance. Check out the guy flying the kite down on the beach.

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=200406576&mode=big&lastmode=timecompare&flags=0&year=current
October 23, 2004

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=4666&mode=big&lastmode=timecompare&flags=0&year=2002
September 23, 2002

Hey, you can even see my boat! It's the white one right there in the front.

How many Tc members' cars are in Sam's parking lot?

Actually, those are amazing pictures, makes me homesick for SoCal. Thanks for the link.

Zulu thats Leo Carrillo State Beach (named after the actor who portrayed Pancho, the sidekick of The Cisco Kid, an early 50's tv show).

Also noted in the Sam's photo should be the Katin shop next to it. This was the first company to manufacture surfing trunks years ago.

For those of you who are into modern ruins, check out Image 8385: the former Marineland site. These photos were taken when "Pirates of the Caribbean" was shooting there, and you can see the sets and trailers. ("I know you're down there, Orlando!")

You sharp-eyed folks can see my apartment in Image 200400365.

Pages: 1 4 replies