Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The King comes to Chicago... Tabu Tiki Night Pictures...

Pages: 1 7 replies

Wow. Thanks to everyone who made this the best Tabu Tiki Night this year! And that includes those that attended!

I want to give a special Mahalo to all those that purchased tiki items from me... I hope you enjoy your new decor!

And thanks to all those that helped make the great raffle happen!

The King had us entertained through the night and no one wanted the night to end...

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment... I look forward to seeing everyone again next year in February!

Thanks to JT for putting together all the events and getting entertainment together this summer and fall and a thank you to AJ, the man in charge at Chicago's Vic's.

The Barefoot Hawaiians giving hula lessons

The King belting out the tunes

The King and James raffle off the first edition hardcover Book of Tiki

The winner of the Grand Prize, a Lake Tiki

The lucky winner of Lake Tiki's raffle

Who could ask for a better spokesman than the King to sell your work?

James, King Kukulele, Dimethios and Lake Surfer with some Lake Tikis

D

Looks like a great time,Lakesurfer!I hope to get down there some time-it's just hard when it's a school night for my daughter.I'll to give it my best shot-thanks for sharing your pictures!

Looks like a great time LakeSurfer...thanks
for posting the pics...making the trek this
week was not possible but planning to catch
the feb event...glad you found homes for
your fantastic tikis!

T

Mele Kalikimaka!

Here's the evidence: a good time was had by all.

It was great to see a few new TC members out this month. For those who I didn't have time to sit down and chat with, I look forward to doing so in the near future.

Hope you make it back in February.. March.. April...

Thanks as always to AJ, the GM at TV.
It was his idea to do Tabu Tiki Nights, and we're all grateful.

Big mahalos to King Kukulele for making us all laff, to the Barefoot Hawaiians for being terrific as always, and to Dave Krys and Lake Surfer for bringing their Tikis and Elvikis down to the event, and contributing to the raffle. Speaking of the raffle, thanks to BigBro Sven for agreeing to scribble on the BOT hardcover we gave away, and to me( :wink: ) for the rest of the prizes!

Special year-end thanks for Surrey Books who provided the Shag calendars we've been dishing out all year for free.

Remember people: no event in January, but we'll be back February 16 with some exciting and fresh new stuff (example: by popular demand, I am working on talking Trader Vics into doing a rotating drink special, a different one each month).

And now, the pix!

The camera has been drinking (not me).

Keep Your Eyes on the Hands!

Sing along with the Uke players from the Old Town Scheool of Folk Music

James mixes his two natural habitats: Tiki bars and mixing boards. That's Nels from Tikizone.com on the right.

That's Vintage Deluxe owner Gabrille, and her main man Jimmy Sutton, Chicago's top bass fiddle player. They won the grand raffle prize: a 30" tall tiki from LakeTiki.

![](http://www.tikibars.net/tabutiki/TabuTiki0412_Mary ueShag.jpg)
Everyone deserves a free Shag now and again.

That's our official Tabu Tiki camera girl Rebecca with King K's date, Hillary.

Man I look like hell. Anyway, here's a few pics I took. Also to all the midwest TC members, you need to find a way to come out! It's a great time. (And i'm not just saying that because I won 2 raffles!) :wink:

Me and the king with the very cool Tiki I bought from Lake Surfer(Dave).

(the mugs and Elviki were won in the raffles)

JT - You really know how to throw a great bash! The cd you gave me is awesome.
Dave-see you with more cash in Feb.
King Kukulele - I had a great time meeting you and Hillary. Oh and the kids say hi! :)

Our lives are not in the lap of the gods, but in the lap of our cooks.

[ Edited by: Dimethios on 2004-12-17 19:17 ]

Great pictures guys! It's like living it all over again!

Those Tabu Tiki nights are a blast! It was my first one and definitely not my last. James did a great job spinning great Exotica tunes, King K rocked the house with his uke, and Lake Surfer's carvings were outstanding...so outstanding that I bought one. The Barefoot Hawaiian dancers also did a great job movin' and a shakin'. I scored a bar seat early in the night to stay close to those half price Zombies. Yummy. I will be back in February to enjoy it all over again.

tj

Our group will be back again too. Had a terrific time! Gonna try to get there early so we can get in the room with you all!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
I'm kinda shy in person, and now that I know who is who--maybe I'll work up the nerve to meet with you all in Feb.
Too much fun! Thank-you!

Pages: 1 7 replies