Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: SCAM on eBay...tiki version of Ghost in a Jar

Pages: 1 7 replies

M

I must be up too late, but one of my fave things to do on eBay is check out the "Weird Stuff" section on eBay. Found this one to be amusing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=5542268792&rd=1

D

Well,ick.I think that mask needs to be taken back where it came from-not something to mess with.

M

I wrote to the seller to ask why, if one was having so much trouble with the dang thang, would they set a reserve price on it? Rather than simply giving it away...or destroying it for that matter. Needless to say, I did not get a response back.

I had a situation once when I was kid, I came into possession (no pun intended) of a used Ouija board, that had burn marks across the back of it. It was found in a dumpster. I cleaned it up and brought it home and secretly played with it, but nothing ever happened. One night, my mother (a bit of a freak of nature, with her six sense) woke up in the middle of the night, found the board in my room and for some reason broke the board in half and put it in the fireplace and burned it. Being a kid, I did not dare question her because I was terrified of how furious she was that I had it. Many years later, I brought the incident up and to this day, my mother does not remember that night.

So, I'm a believer I would say, but this story wreaks of scam. If you have something with bad juju in the house...it is not right to try and pass it off to someone else and make a profit off of it.

That's my two cents worth...

Anybody else have similar experiences with the spirit world?

I've got that same mask...man, wish mine were haunted. I didn't even get a frogurt with it.

8T

I've got that same mask...man, wish mine were haunted. I didn't even get a frogurt with it.

From what I know of the extensive jackalope house/museum, I find it hard to believe that in all of that treasure you do not have a single haunted or posessed item! BOO.

Indonesian mask from hawaii? might be haunted by batman.

mr smiley and I had a few creepy experiences with some voodoo disney hats embroidered with "mom" and "dad," but I'm not allowed to talk about it...

R

On 2004-12-21 07:59, chisel slinger wrote:
Indonesian mask from hawaii? might be haunted by batman.

Actually it is from Banuae, the Philippines.....just like all the wooden elephants you see being sold in Thailand and wooden Indians in Scottsdale AZ are.

I have a possesed Batman shaped corn chip I am looking to list soon. :D

Pages: 1 7 replies