Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

He's Back! A tribute to all of us!

Pages: 1 43 replies

The artist that wont tell us his or her name is back with another painting. Any reviews? How about you Mad-Tiki?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=720188666

D

Whoever it is, feels the need to taunt and tease their Tiki Central Family, with reference to Tiki Central in the painting. Nanner Nanner Nanner...I think this is totally hilarious! And so the plot thickens :lol:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-10-03 09:08 ]

Well, if Tiki Central is 'secured' by copyright, Hanford could stop the sale of this item. Why should anyone make money off of the Tiki Central name other than Hanford, unless......that's it! IT'S HANFORD'S ARTWORK!!! HAHA! I solved the mystery! I should have named myself COLUMBOTIKI!

SugarCaddyDaddy

No! Its Mad Tiki! He or She is too defensive about the paintings. Mad TIki is definitly the artist! I would be MAD-at-myself-Tiki if I painted it. I think this is freaking wonderful. I emailed cyberpop1 about my .62 cents and still have not recieved any answer. Maybe Hanford can collect on this baby.

T

Hmmm, interesting deduction Sugarcaddydaddy. It might very well be Hanford... or maybe you are just trying to throw us off the scent!

It's OK you can just admit it to us Sugarcaddydaddy, it's you right??? Are you the artist??

And you could call me Clouseau-tiki!

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2002-10-03 09:39 ]

Yeah, we've inspired him.Right. Sure. Ok.

On 2002-10-03 09:39, tikimug wrote:
Hmmm, interesting deduction Sugarcaddydaddy... Sugarcaddydaddy, it's you right??? Are you the artist??

And you could call me Clouseau-tiki!

DRAT THE LUCK! FOILED BY CLOUSEAU-TIKI AGAIN!

Actually, while checking on cyberpop1's ebay history, he/she has actually purchased some pretty cool items, and at pretty decent prices overall. Not that I can say that I truly like the art being sold by him/her.
I'm rambling. I need coffee.
SugarCaddyDaddy

MC

I like this artwork. I think that it would be a great item to hang up at work. (I work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.) I have my own collection of behind-the-scenes lowbrow items. (plastic moai head on computer, spongebob squarepants fishtank w/ guppies, Don't mess with Texas keychain)

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2002-10-03 11:17 ]

I think it was Colonel Mustard in the kitchen with the candlestick

A thing of tiki is a joy forever

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-10-03 11:26 ]

I was wondering what happened to my jumbo box of crayons......

:tiki:

cyberpop1 told me that they were not the artist, just posting it for him or her. Lets remember that so we dont confuse cyberpop1 with the artist (Mad Tiki).

M

KokomoTikiBar&Grill your right as always, not., I told you that I did not paint. You are just pissed that you did not get your .62 from the last auction, so that your kids could eat for one night and you would have shut your mouth for one sec. Well I guess that will never happen. I can't say anything bad about his or hers paniting, I like it. I think I will bid on this one also. I think this is hilarious also, it's just making KokomoTikiBar&Grill pissed off that he did not get his .62 for his tribute and Hanford will. So KokomoTikiBar&Grill do you & Tikifish work together and go on ebay and find art work to make fun of, it sure looks that way. You also said that I never leave a positive post, well if you would start a forum that I could then I would. So don't get all pissed at me when you start the non positive forums, and I'm just repling back to something you started.
MaD-TiKi

No more TIKI 4 U!!!!

[ Edited by: MaD-TiKi on 2002-10-03 12:09 ]

I am not pissed, I just like fuckin with ya! Cause ya cant take it! (Evil Laugh) HA HA HA

M

When you start to use words like that, it seems to me that you are pissed off. So calm down KomoKokomoTikiBar&Grill, it's not the end of the world. I must have hit him were it hurts. So sorry.
MaD-TiKi :evil: does :lol:

Heres my theory:
Madtiki is 12.
Madtiki lives in his/her parents basement. (quite possibly locked in)
Grow up ya scrub!

S

On 2002-10-03 12:06, MaD-TiKi wrote:
..I told you that I did not paint...

Well that’s apparent in your latest creation. But you do color real nice, you even stay in the lines!

M

It's funny when you try to somewhat defend the under dogs on TC, you people get nasty as hell !!!!
I really don't care if you think I am that guy or not. But I know I wouldn't be so nice in my descriptions on ebay about the fools saying stuff.
Eventually I am sure he will tell everyone who he is, he obviously has to be a TC member or how would he even know about all the discussion of his art???
You guys have a lot of time on your hands so you can all figure it out amongst yourselves.
Kinda like a riddle!
I know some of you understand my points.

MaD-TiKi :evil:

On 2002-10-03 09:19, sugarcaddydaddy wrote: Why should anyone make money off of the Tiki Central name other than Hanford, unless......that's it! IT'S HANFORD'S ARTWORK!!! HAHA! I solved the mystery! I should have named myself COLUMBOTIKI!

This is not, I REPEAT NOT my artwork.

It is obviously a Tiki Central member who is just providing fodder "Shag Rip-off/Bad tiki Art" posts we get here.

~Hanford

Just saw the painting and i must say it is starting to grow on me, maybe i will bid on it at the last minute...i just wish the artists signature was on it. I think this would make it a lot more valuable in the future. P.S. That thing hanging down the side of mad-tikis head is not a puppy dog's ear. To me it looks more phallic...it becomes more clear if you squint and stare at it...

[ Edited by: fartsatune on 2002-10-04 01:29 ]

T

On 2002-10-04 01:23, fartsatune wrote:
P.S. That thing hanging down the side of mad-tikis head is not a puppy dog's ear. To me it looks more phallic...it becomes more clear if you squint and stare at it...

HA! That's what she said!

Hey, thanks for pointing that out to me. Now everytime I see it... I see IT
And I'd rather be thinking of puppy dogs and stuff!

(evil Laugh) (being mean)

I am sorry for saying this. Lets just get that out of the way for those I might offend. Maybe it looks like a penis so it can hear itself coming!

MC

I appreciate everyone's artistic interpretations of MY new piece of art. (I won the auction). I'm hanging it at work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I consider it another "masterwork" at the Met. (Feel free to send/sell me your tiki artwork too. My desk area can become a Tiki Central exhibition.)

Just tell us who signed the damn thing! I want to know the artists name.

T

Wow, congrats 'cat(s)! :wink:

I'm sure the "artist" expected that piece to eventually end up hanging in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and please let us all know about the "quality brush strokes and details" that unfortunately could not be seen in the small image online.
Thanks!

I'll tell you all about the quality of the work when it arrives and what it's signed, but unfortunately, I don't feel entitled to expose the name of the seller. (but I do know it-hahaha) And who knows, maybe the seller isn't the actual artist. But again--about anything on the actual artwork, I'll fill you in.

The seller is not the artist. They have already told me that. I still say it is the Mad-Tiki and his wonderful box of crayons.

MC

I received my artwork. I should have known that i would be disappointed being that the seller refered to it as both a "print" and 'painting," and couldn't specify. It was a color print-out from a home computer. It has terrible resolution. There's no way to "see the quality brush strokes and details." I thought that I was getting "original" artwork but it was a scanned, cheap reproduction. I haven't deciphered the signature. It's a bummer--don't feel I will hang it up at work.

manic cat wrote:
I received my artwork....
It was a color print-out from a home computer. It has terrible resolution....
I thought that I was getting "original" artwork but it was a scanned, cheap reproduction....
I don't feel entitled to expose the name of the seller. (but I do know it-hahaha)

Maybe its time to expose who it is? The listing does say that it is "for a beautiful, original, SIGNED Tiki art".

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

SugarCaddyDaddy

M

I also received my artwork this week. What a piece of JUNK! Here I felt bad for the guy. HA! First he forgot to send my picture out and I paid right after auction ended, after I reminded him it still took 2 weeks to receive it. Ontop of it, he charged me 3.00 for shipping and it arrived in an envelope stamped 1.00. And like Manic Cat, since the description said Original piece of Artwork, I thought it would be a original painting not a printer copy on glossy paper. It is signed but I have no idea what the name is.

Unbelievable !! Do a guy a favor by defending him & bidding on this, and this is what I get.

If you really want the Tribute piece KokomoTikiBar&Grill, I would be more then happy to send this thing to you. No charge.

No chance in wanting a piece of shit. I can make a turd at my house if I want one. See, just goes to show that "You can't have nothing!"

I think that seller is just plain evil!! Sorry you both got burned. I bid on the first one and am glad i didn't win. P.S MAD-Tiki have you gone lite on us?? You can spew up better anger than that!! Leave some horrible feedback at the very least.

MC

yeah. I got charged a stupid "handling" fee as well. I give up. I can't care too much about it because I believe in Karma.

Who is more lame? You guys for posting three pages of crap about a piece of crap "artwork" and then ACTUALLY BIDDING ON IT? Or me for actually READING all of the asinine crap posted here?

This "artwork" is worthless! Who the hell cares who made it? Whoever made it is probably laughing his ass off b/c he not only caused so much controversy, but you fools actually bought his crap! He is laughing all the way to the bank!

Tiki Bob mugs, Tiki Gardens LPs, and now this. I just don't get it.

Trader Ricks the artist!

I am thinking the same thing Kokomo.

I never said anything against the artwork. i honestly wanted to own the original piece. That's why I bid on it. My fault for not understanding that a computer print would be the original.

I could take a dump on a piece of paper and call it art. Would you hang that piece of shit up next to the piece of shit you purchased? I say wipe your ass with it and flush it down the sewer where it is supposed to be. If I would have won it, I would have doctored it up (by wiping my ass with it) and put it back on Ebay as a tribute to the artist.

(We southern boys have a way with words! Not animals!)

Well Trader_Rick, I think you are the one thats lame. You did read three pages of crap,then turned around and posted on it. Now the post gets even longer. For the guy to laugh all the way to the bank might be far from the truth. I only paid .62 for the "art work", then he over charged me for shipping. So he got alittle over three dollars from me. Lets see that might have been able to put about 1/4 of gas in his tank, so I don't think he even made it to the bank to laugh at all. Atleast off my money.

geez, smeared poop just isn't as cute a picture to me as two sweet moai sitting at a bar. And isn't the Tiki Central logo at back adorable! well, I'm attracted to bright colors like pink, so if you could manage a colorful turd, then well, I could be impressed! Maybe I should be getting this darn thing appraised?

Honestly, I like this artwork in a sick, Hello Kitty twisted kind of way. Despite its crappy medium, I'll LoVE it 4-ever.

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2002-10-25 12:54 ]

Kokomo? You working on that pink turd?

May get some peanut color maybe! Maybe a cornish yellow? Damn this is getting sick!

On 2002-10-25 12:29, MaD-TiKi wrote:
Well Trader_Rick, I think you are the one thats lame. You did read three pages of crap,then turned around and posted on it. Now the post gets even longer.

Damn, I thought it was me. But wait! You posted on it and made it longer still! Oh, but wait. I'm posting on it again and making it even longer. Blast.

No, I am not the artist. But the second I get a scanner, I promise you this: I will post something on eBay that any tiki fan would be proud to own, it will be the original, I will sign it in my own name, and I will start the bidding at around a dollar. Hell, I might even give it away! (Hmm, I think I've just set myself up for an insult with that last statement. Oh well.) Anyway, no one should get mad at my comments about the drawing. After all, it's just my opinion.

T

On 2002-10-26 04:31, Trader_Rick wrote:

Damn, I thought it was me. But wait! You posted on it and made it longer still! Oh, but wait. I'm posting on it again and making it even longer. Blast.

Just when I thought I got out!... They pulled me BACK IN!

Well Cat, I am saddend to hear that the "artwork" turned out to be bogus. I understood your attraction(?) to it. I was glad to see that somebody bid on it so we could really see what it was. Sometimes in life it's better to have questions that never get answered.

...oh yeah and I think "How to obtain pink poop" is another one of those!

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2002-10-26 13:30 ]

Pages: 1 43 replies