Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Got Bob?

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

V

Not quiet a real Bob, but at least I used real milk.

T

TM

T

"Wow, that's terrific Bob!"

T

Ok so Virani wanted so see a pic of me dancing at a country and western bar, and Mach wanted to see a pic of me with Bob and a milk moustache. How about me wearing a cowboy hat, holding Bob, with a milk moustache?

KK

ummm...does this mean you take requests?
Cause I always wanted to see you {prefiltered and edited for content in conformance with the bylaws of Tiki Central Grand Membership policy} if that's not asking too much. Anyway, I don't got Bob but wish I did. Anybody have any "dupes" in their collection for sale or trade?

Sa-Bob The Coconut Boy

S
SES posted on Sat, Dec 25, 2004 4:26 PM

T

I do beleive this thread is owed a few Bob pics. I know they're out there. Ahem,uhem,u...

Ah heck can I play?

[ Edited by: purple jade 2005-08-25 09:25 ]

UB

Gotta Really Big Bob!
(Photo compliments/stolen from Tiki Bot)

M

mrsmiley's xmas stocking!

[ Edited by: martiki on 2005-01-10 12:21 ]

M

zazz!!!! :)

DL

Wow! Did you buy or make that stocking?

I love the felt Bob! They didn't have THAT shape on our kindergarten room feltboard...

Tiki Bob sucks. I hate that style.

(that was for you poly pop)

M

On 2005-01-07 16:56, Deery Luau wrote:
Wow! Did you buy or make that stocking?

I love the felt Bob! They didn't have THAT shape on our kindergarten room feltboard...

I made the stocking. Dangergirl and I wer crafty this year. If I had started earlier I would have tried to sell them. Is it too early for CHristmas 2005?? :)

On 2005-01-07 14:23, martiki wrote:
mrsmiley's xmas stocking!

8T

Edited to make picture big again.

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2009-09-29 13:30 ]

T

Ohh thats a good one 8 foot!

J
JTD posted on Sun, Jan 9, 2005 6:48 AM

I hope he doesn't drop Bob. Looks very precarious!

M

Okay... That's f*ckin' funny!

Finally scored my bob for $2 at the thrift a couple weeks ago.
JOY!

T

Hey BBTD, wheres your milk moustache?
And are you coming to the SF crawl? I'll be there!

HOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT!
Jane, do my ears decieve me....you're coming to the crawl?!!
YEEHAWW!!!
I am stoked!!!
I was already planning on coming, but now I am there with friggin bells on baby!
Is Alexis coming with?

P.S.- I was fresh outta milk....will a "real"
mustache do?

K

Am I crazy, or were there some Bob repros produced in the recent past? I still haven't found an original after all these years--I'm admitting defeat and looking for a knock-off. And no, I can't pay those ebay prices! Does anyone know about said reproductions? Thanks.

T

Kingslod,

I just posted yesterday in tiki finds what I would consider to be a couple of repro's. I come across them in New Orleans every now and then and they are really oogly. One of these look like a female.

K

On 2005-02-15 12:56, tiki410 wrote:
I just posted yesterday in tiki finds what I would consider to be a couple of repro's. I come across them in New Orleans every now and then and they are really oogly. One of these look like a female.

Yow! Those are very...uhm, nice. I actually really love handmade (homemade) pottery. Kinda like thrift store paintings--so bad, that they're good. But, I was thinking of a more official reproduction. Did TikiFarm have some s/p shakers or something? Maybe it was a fever dream...

It's bigger than big, it's Huge! http://www.HugeMagazine.com

[ Edited by: kingslod on 2005-02-15 14:47 ]

T

The only repros I'm aware of are the 3 Bosko homages, Tipsy Bob, Space Age Bob, and the first one whose name eludes me at this time.

P

[ Edited by: Philot on 2005-02-16 07:25 ]

OK folks, you're not that dumb, you know what "Got Bob" means...
No more posting on this thread unless you've got a dairy product of some variety smeared on your upper lip!
(For the record, sour cream photographs the best.)

Trader Woody

M

BEAUTIFUL TW!!! Thanks for the pic.

tw, you look like you're being blinded with science :)

8T

I Love this post. C'mon all you Bob owners, Take a cool photo of you & your Bob mug and let us see it. Don't forget the lip!

I have not found Bob yet, but that has not stopped me from including him in my comic strip.

http://www.nicefishy.com/NF_Marooned.html

"I said, NO WIRE HANGERS!"

T

you can almost hear that picture. I think that the pictures are great but TC needs for video/audio clips.

Another master frame Monk!

TM

Errol, Alan, Ronnie & Bob

No,

Got Kermit? Yes.

Did anyone see the guy from Chico CA. selling 10 Tiki Bob mugs on e-bay in one auction? (just before Christmas)
Last week the same guy was auctioning 5 more. Where the hell did he get 15 tiki Bob Mugs? I decided to email the guy to find out....

Seems he sold the 10 mugs (for about $500) and they were all chipped and had hairline cracks. The buyer returned them and got their money back. After getting them returned he listed 5 (the second listing) with better notes of the damages. he gave me a rundown of the condition of the 4 he has left. I was able to get one with only a 1/4 inch hairline for $30.

Never did find out how he ended up with the 10 Bob's.

The lot of 5 were sold for $211.50.

I bid up until $50. Does the seller plan on listing any more individuals?

A single mug - Bali Hai at the Beach New Orleans went for $76.09.

Pages: 1 2 61 replies