Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mike's Pics from the Bash 2002

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Aloohhhha!

Finally got the pics that I took up on the web site. I'll be adding captions and stuff later. I think I'm still on cloud nine after meeting all the great TCers and doing all the fun things we did!!

Be sure to take a look at the last pic- it's some guy in an orange jacket (Sven) with a goofy look on his face -not to mention the look on King's face :D as they plummet down Splash Mountain!! :o Sven and King, I love you guys!!

Thanks to everyone for making this a weekend that I'll never forget!!

http://www.tikiroom.net/tikibash2002/tikibash.html

A

Mike,
Awsome, simply awsome!!!!!!!
Al

Ah Yes,

Sven, gracious as always, shows the Centralites how to make the authentic Tiki-Face.

BB

Very cool!

I felt like a test pilot during a G-force experiment. Jet laaaaaag-
By the way, the black thing in front of me is Tina hiding under her sweater. We the three Chinese monkeys: Can't hear/can't talk/can't see.

Where is that restaurant you are at and what is the name of it? It looks really cool.

F

I didn't want to get my hair wet so I tied the sweater on and was wearing it Mother Theresa-style. Oh, if you could have seen MY face underneath that thing...

For the record, the look on King's face is intentional. As we began to take the plunge, he yelled, "Smile!" because he knew a photo was about to be taken (as a Disneyland cast member, it is his day job to entertain/torment the crowd that is waiting to get on that very ride). I was going, "Huh?", then "AAGGHHH!"

[ Edited by: floratina on 2002-10-04 19:32 ]

A

Friday night Mike, the wife and I went to the Islands Room at the Hana Lei Hotel for dinner. Then to the Bali Hai for cocktails. They are very cool.
"Sam Choy's Bali Hai"
2230 Shelter Island Drive San Diego, California 92106
619-222 - 1181

"Island Room"
Cool Tiki place.
Drink in the restaurant, not the bar. look around the pool. very close to the Bali Hai
Red Lion Hanalei Hotel
2270 Hotel Circle North San Diego, California 92108

Al

[ Edited by: Alnshely on 2002-10-04 09:48 ]

Wow, the walls in that place are spectacular! I wonder if i could use bamboo blinds on my walls and get a similar effect. I was at ikea and they are now selling bamboo wall dividers that are really nice...similar to what i see in the picture, maybe i could take them apart. OR is that a wallpaper that u can buy that looks like rattan? I really like the bar also..thanks for sharing the photos. Also, the guy in the orange shirt..not Sven..looks a lot like the actor James Spader altho i know it isn't. I just love James Spader. I love that orange shirt.

Louise

S

Great pics, Mike!

That picture of Sven, Ku Ku, and Mother Teresa is classic!

Too bad I didn't get to meet you at The Bash (or did I???).

Next time.

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

Pages: 1 9 replies