Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's Burial Site

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

Cynner sent me this pic she took of the headstone to Trader Vic's burial site:

Vic is at Mountain View Cemetery at 5000 Piedmont Ave. in Oakland. He's in the main mausoleum, Garden Terrace (lower level, at the end of the building nearest the cemetery office), Crypt 357, Tier 3. (Celebrity gravehunting is my other hobby.)

Happy Holloween!!

B

I would have put a Mai Tai in the flower urn holder.

BONBONVIC wrote:
<I would have put a Mai Tai in the flower urn holder.>

I'm going to bring some swizzle sticks and menehunes with me next time.

The next docent tour at Mountain View Cemetery is on Saturday October 12. Anyone want to go?

--cindy

K

(Celebrity gravehunting is my other hobby.)

Slightly off topic: Does anyone know the exact site of the Black Dahlia's final resting place? I heard that it was in the East Bay...

-Kingslod

The Huge Magazine Tiki Collection, Desktop Patterns, Pics and Links: http://www.hugemagazine.com/html/tiki.html

[ Edited by: kingslod on 2002-10-04 10:52 ]

Kingslod wrote:

T

Ok, this too is off topic, but I had to share this photo of a grave in Montreal:

See anything odd about it? Apparently the chances of that configuration of letters happening accidentally are astronomical.

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2002-10-04 13:44 ]

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2002-10-04 13:46 ]

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2002-10-04 13:47 ]

That's Classic! I'm gonna have to think of something like that for my headstone!

F

At the Bash there were plastic cups with the Trader Vic's logo on them. They were narrow enough that one might fit into that holder. Maybe they have those at the restaurant? Get one of those and a little orchid or two and swizzles from the bartender and put those in there. It would be like a pilgrimage.

T

On 2002-10-04 13:42, tikifish wrote:
Ok, this too is off topic, but I had to share this photo of a grave in Montreal:

tikifish how dare you make fun of this! What are you trying to bully me?? I am speaking for all of the non-posters out there who you have intimidated into becoming non-posters!

We are not amused :x WAAAAAA!!!!!

HH

tikifish how dare you make fun of this! What are you trying to bully me?? I am speaking for all of the non-posters out there who you have intimidated into becoming non-posters!

lmao :lol:

anyways, I think your all sick, im going back to my other hobby baord TROPICAL FISH CENTRAL

T

Tikifish -
why do I think that's another example similar to your "Global Levatation" project...?
Digital trickery I cry....TRICKERY!
Please don't bully us this way....

T

Global levitation is NOT digital trickery - that really is my husband jumping in the air and me capturing the moment of levitation. The reason he looks so real when he does it is that his hair is too short to move when he jumps. Also he has the straight leg technique down pat. I had no idea he was so talented when I married him, it was just a lucky bonus, ahah!

I'm still waiting for more submissions... Id love to see someone levitating in front of a tiki bar...

I can't do it myself -I tried, but you can see my hair move adn I keep sticking my arms out like a spaz.

Pages: 1 11 replies