Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tikis and elves

Pages: 1 3 replies

I

I posted some of the pictures of my aluminum tree in the Beyond Tiki category, but thought I would post some other non-aluminum pics here.

I never knew that Christmas elves and tiki figures would get along so well.

And finally, a tiny Santa giving his approval to an amazon hula girl.

Happy Holidays,
Vern

Awesome Dude...That made me smile...Merry Xmas

I love/hate those old elves! We had a wind-up version of that one (in the center, under the cook dangler :wink: ). He play some Christmas song and sort of Wriggled as the song played. The pronounced cheekbones, nose, and chin of this elf were simultaneously intriguing and disturbing! That paired with the animation were classic! I guess these are from the 50's or 60's, is that right?

Also, I've noticed that many of the Cook Fsherman Idols seem to be circumsized (odd) but yours doesn't. What gives? I mean no offense, it's just that I'm one whose likes his elves creepy and his Tikis circumsized :wink: !!!
-FB

Also, I've noticed that many of the Cook Fisherman Idols seem to be circumsized (odd) but yours doesn't. What gives?

That piece was a prop from an Arena Stage performance of South Pacific. I neglected to interview the carver (of foam, not wood) on his intent of penile shape and form when purchasing the item. Of more concern, is that although the penis is present, there are no signs of testicles, so perhaps this was meant to represent an eunuch tiki.

The South Pacific show was very good, and from what I could tell, nobody in the audience queried about whether the tiki figure was circumsized or not.

As to the age of the elves - the Rice Krispie elves, who look quite similar to the Xmas elves, made their first appearance in 1928, so that elf look existed at least back then.

Vern

Pages: 1 3 replies