Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Mosquitos suck

Pages: 1 13 replies

8T

I am sitting here freezing my tail off in the arctic Midwest and I guess I am already suffering from cabin fever because I've been thinking how much I enjoy being outside working in the yard or doing a little carving when it is warm. But that's when those damn mosquitos are out too. I wish those s.o.b.'s were a winter bug and then instead of pestering me when I'm outside, they would just freeze and die like they deserve to.

"My advice to you is...drink heavily"

-Bluto Blutarsky

H

Mosquitos have the same right as far as living goes as you do. So, try to get along and live in harmoney with them, it is the law of nature.

On 2004-12-24 00:36, hiltiki wrote:
Mosquitos have the same right as far as living goes as you do. So, try to get along and live in harmoney with them, it is the law of nature.

The last time I jumped into bed with a mosquito and snuggled up close and began to whisper sweet nothings in her ear the bitch bit me, sucked my blood, flew away and it itched like hell. I'm done with mosquitos. I'm gonna go out and hook up with a nice tick or a leach. At least they stick around!

The last time I jumped into bed with a mosquito and snuggled up close and began to whisper sweet nothings in her ear the bitch bit me, sucked my blood, flew away and it itched like hell. I'm done with mosquitos. I'm gonna go out and hook up with a nice tick or a leach. At least they stick around!

And that differed from hooking up with an actual chick in what way?

H

Shipwreck you are hilarious, cant stop laughing. Hope to see you Sunday night.

8T

So Hiltiki are you able to do that?
Would you not swat a bug that just bit you or spray for ants that found a path into your kitchen? If so, then surely you cannot drive a car because you might smash an innocent insect walking in the roadway or smear a flying whatever bug on your winshield. Around here mosquitos carry that West Nile virus and I don't think that makes such good harmony. Listen, When I catch spiders or lady bugs indoors I take them ouside and let them go but flies and mosquitos and ants are no good when they are attacking me or my stuff. They are in for it. I hope I have not offended any insect lovers out there. Mosquitos still suck.

H

8FT TIKI, I wanted everyone just to think for a moment, thats all. Bugs are part of this universe doing their thing to stay alive. Go ahead and kill all you want but just think.....or better yet complain to God. I have noithing to do with this, I am just a drifter.

things are different when you get east of
California Hilltiki...in Wisconsin
the mosquito is the unofficial state bird...
they are as big as a bald eagle...swear
to god. Last summer a couple tried to
escape with one of my carved tikis.
I think mosquitos suck.
Merry Christmas to all from the
northwoods.....

H

Ok Congatiki, go ahead kill those birds, I give up.

T

Mosquitos exist in such large numbers because they are meant to live short and dangerous lives, swatted to death by a flick of a cows tail, or an angry humans hand. If we didnt kill off some of them, as nature intended us to do, the world would be unbalanced, and, not to mention, covered in goddamned mosquitoes.

Wiping them out with chemicals dumped from helicopters is bad. Killing a few that have the audacity to suck your blood, well thats just keeping the balance of nature, my friends.

K

We're thinking of building some bat houses for the back yard. Which would, theoretically, keep the mosquito population down. I suppose they could be make to look like little Polynesian huts.

8T

Great idea kc. Somewhere not long ago I saw the plans for building those bat houses. Maybe in the Missouri Conservationist or one of their handouts. Anyway, anything you can do to reduce the numbers of Mosquitos here in our area is appreciated!! With your artistic talents, You could paint neat tiki faces on the outside of the boxes. I'd have to come over to visit then for sure.

Bat House plans & Bat Condo kits

You should also look into swift & swallow homes (for the daylight mosquito species), toad homes for your garden, and if you know where they're breeding you can buy predators to eat their larvae, too.

Pages: 1 13 replies