Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Incredibles Tiki Bar scene poster offered on eBay (not my listing)

Pages: 1 14 replies

R

I had seen this Tiki bar scene (which was cut out of the film :( ) from the latest Pixar picture, 'The Incredibles' posted here on Tikicentral. So when I saw these posters being offered on eBay I figured some of you might be interested! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60339&item=3852416157

I'm highly suspicious of this auction. Here is the 11" x 17" version that they're selling:

And here is the original piece of artwork, which is much larger:

The small size of the print and lack of auction details would lead me to believe they're selling a low-res reproduction of a scan they found on the internet without getting the artists permission.

Any other comments?

Sabu

H

Sabu, the CSI agent of TC.

B

http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_product.asp?sku=241525&master%5Fmovie%5Fid=26869

The place is based out of Nevada - the Di$ney folks would have "ceased and desisted" them by now if they were illegit, wouldn't they?

R

On 2004-12-28 03:35, BaronV wrote:
http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_product.asp?sku=241525&master%5Fmovie%5Fid=26869

The place is based out of Nevada - the Di$ney folks would have "ceased and desisted" them by now if they were illegit, wouldn't they?

Or maybe we could just send him the full size high rez. pic to make a better one. :P It's not like Pixar is making them available, they didn't even use the scene! :roll:

I'm just always wary when a company crops out the artist signature to sell a print. Though I agree with you Rattiki. I do wish someone would produce a high-quality print of the entire piece.

H

How big is this image in the Incredibles book? I'd guess it was scanned from there. As far as I know, the original artwork is still at Pixar. I'll ask Mark about it, he doesn't know about the Pixar merch that Disney produces generally (he was STUNNED when we were in the Disneyana store and he saw artwork he did going for $800!), but I suspect he or the artist who did this piece will have some idea whether this is legit.

M

The image in the book is about 4" x 8" at the most. I'll bet it's just a scan from that. I can't believe that it's licensed.

S

Dammit! This would have been another wonderful piece of the collective unconscious being put into today's children that I and others could draw from to get them into the tiki bar for life! At least we still have the music in Spongebob...

H

Just spoke to Mark, he's quite sure this is not a legit item. He was speculating that if it wasn't scanned out of that book, it may be that someone with sticky fingers took a color photocopy of the original artwork from Pixar. He also said there are a couple different versions of concept art from the tiki scene.

WARNING: SPOILER
My understanding is that the reason the tiki bar scene was removed was that it took place just before they heard about the crime on the police scanner... it didn't make sense for those two guys to be sitting in a tiki bar listening to a police scanner, just to have them hop in their car anyway... it made more sense for them to be listening and have that whole reminiscing conversation in the car. As sad as I am that we didn't get to see what I'm sure would have been a visually pleasing scene, I think they made the right choice for the story.

I

Is that really suppose to be the Mr Incredible character sitting at the tiki bar, talking to Frozone? I look at it, and I am instead reminded of somebody like Ernest Borgnine or Peter Boyle instead.

Vern

M

There may have been some thought that it wasn't a good idea to show the two heroes drinking, and then GET IN A CAR, either!

let's cross our fingers for "incredibles 2: mr. i. and frozone go bar hopping..."

H

On 2004-12-30 09:22, martiki wrote:
There may have been some thought that it wasn't a good idea to show the two heroes drinking, and then GET IN A CAR, either!

Oh yeah! That's an even better reason. :)

D
dcman posted on Tue, Jun 15, 2010 5:15 PM

I just found this thread, and was going to post something about these scenes in the "tiki in movies" thread.

This scene was originally planned to be in the movie - it involved Mr. Incredible and Frozone going to a bar, having a few drinks, then going out and knocking down a few buildings. Unfortunately, the 9/11 terrorist attacks happened about that time and the scene was cut so moviegoers wouldn't re-experience the tragedy (the building collapsing scenes were reminiscent of the twin towers collapsing).

Yes, those poster prints were almost assuredly scans straight out of the book "Art of the Incredible", and very illegal. It's a fair bet that Disney hunted them down pretty quickly.

Pages: 1 14 replies