Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

kalikiana and manu man not in bay area...[cancelled storm a comin]?

Pages: 1 6 replies

Manu man and I will be heading to the Bay area Monday eve thru thursday (possibly...depending on the weather back home). We're hoping to visit Trader Vic's (SF and Emeryville), Tonga Room, Temple Bar, among other tiki places plus hit a few microbreweries along the way. Lemme know if anyone would be up for meeting for cocktails one of these afts or eve's somewhere. I'd also love to hear any suggestions for cheap clean motels near any of the abovementioned tiki places.
Many cheers and Happy holidays, Kris and Eric

[ Edited by: Kalikiana on 2004-12-27 12:12 ]

[ Edited by: Kalikiana on 2004-12-27 12:12 ]

D

hi there.. my aunt's family owns an inexpensive motel in SF ~ absolutely nothing fancy, retro in a sense because they haven't rennovated in a while. cheap chic, sorta. free parking, and its in a good neighborhood.

it's The Capri Motel
2015 Greenwich
SF
(415) 346-4667

Thanks Dogbytes! Sounds perfect, we'll definitely check it out! K

D

Kalikiana, just behave cuz my parents are staying there too! :o

seriously, its cheap, clean and safe ~ and thats' about it!

the other places i stay when im in town (cuz i dont usually stay at the Capri) ~ is Cow Hollow a few blocks away, a little more money, but also has free parking..

im envious.. i want to be in The City, and at all the places you're visiting! have fun. take pictures!

On 2004-12-26 18:23, dogbytes wrote:
hi there.. my aunt's family owns an inexpensive motel in SF ~ absolutely nothing fancy, retro in a sense because they haven't rennovated in a while. cheap chic, sorta. free parking, and its in a good neighborhood.

it's The Capri Motel
2015 Greenwich
SF
(415) 346-4667

I think The Capri is where Otto had his Bachelor Party a few years back!

We've been contemplating the weather forcast and it looks as though we might cancel the trip. We can certainly deal with days of rain in the bay area, but we're expecting several feet of snow in Tahoe and we're not sure we wanna risk the dangerous and nervewracking drive back up the summit under those conditions, then have to dig ourselves back into the house. So we're feeling like we should be stay and be safe rather than sorry. We'll make do with hot buttered rums while tuning up the snow-blower, and mai tais while curling up in front of the woodstove.
While it's terrific that CA is getting much needed rain, I hope everyone stays safe from flooding, rain-slicked roads, and mudslides. It looks like it's gonna be a big storm.
Thanks for the motel info, Dogbytes. I'll keep it in mind for next time.
Cheers, K

On 2004-12-27 11:41, Kalikiana wrote:
We've been contemplating the weather forcast and it looks as though we might cancel the trip. It looks like it's gonna be a big storm.
Thanks for the motel info, Dogbytes. I'll keep it in mind for next time.
Cheers, K

catch you next time!

Pages: 1 6 replies