Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Took in a stray this X-mas

Pages: 1 24 replies

I just took in a new stray dog. Someone abondoned a female pitbull in my mom's neghborhood a few days ago. When I was there x-mas eve for dinner and all the festivities I saw her and fed her and she kept trying to follow me. She's older and looks like she just recently had pups. She's stocky as hell and has a pink nose. I think they were using her for breeding and after she had a litter of pups they just threw her out in a strange neighborhood to get rid of her. Her teets are still very fat with milk. I took some food and water out to her and left it in the front yard so she wouldn't be to scared to come up and eat. She ate a little then went up to the door. I came out and slowly approached her, then stopped and let her come up and sniff me. Once she sniffed me, she put her head down to let me pet her. I walked her back to the food cause I could tell she was starving but she kept not really paying attention to the food. She just really wanted to be touched so I stood there petting her while she ate. The next day she was still hanging out there and I decided to bring her home. If the shelter took her away I know she would get killed cause she is a very scary looking older pitbull. Not much hope for adoption. I'm going to give it a couple of days and make sure she gets along okay with my dog Nucca. If it doesn't work out i'll pay a Pitbull Rescue to take her and find her a home so I know she won't be destroyed. I think it will be okay though, Nucca is used to being the Alpha dog, but this dog doesn't seem to want to challenge her for the alpha position, she just wants to be taken care of, so I think it wil be okay.

This is my new old dog Sadie

[ Edited by: suicide_sam on 2004-12-29 20:08 ]

You're a good guy, Sam, bless you!

H

She doesn't look scary at all, she's beautiful! She looks like a very sweet dog, I hope it works out and you can keep each other.

S-Sam,

If I sniff you, will you 'pet' me?

Your a good man! Pitbulls can make wonderful pets. We had a a sweet one for 13 yrs. She truely thought she was a child, I think. She'd let me dress her up in all kinds of crazy outfits for picture taking. Loved children and other dogs too. My eyes still moisten when I think of her. Faithful and loving right up to her last breath. I hope your cutie will work out well. Your a very kind hearted person.

B

Good job S. Sam! All my pets have been strays that have adopted me. The dogs have all been mutts, our cat is a cool calico. I have never understood the idea of buying an animal when there are so many wonderful companions in need of good homes– and it sounds like Sadie has found one. One of Amy's best friends recently took in a pit bull and he is more docile and friendly than her border collie mix that recently passed. I always say that animals come into your life at the right time and I sincerely hope all works out with your current canine and your family and Sadie can stay with you. Sometimes the adjustment can be trying, but it always seems to sort out. Amy, Sweet-pea, Miss Georgia and I wish you both a happy new year and best of luck.
Aloha!
-Duke

you're a good guy, Sam!

pits have a bad rep ~ eskimo dogs show UKC with ABPTs, and the more evil ones are little white dogs, like mine!

L
laney posted on Thu, Dec 30, 2004 3:49 AM

Awww, that's sweet. I almost adopted a Pit from the pound until I saw my baby Dobie, Stella. The pound was full of Pit Bulls, it is sad.

Both my dogs are pure breds, but both were "free" (actually my mini-pincher was free with papers but the standard was a rescue from the pound) I've had breeders comment on how beautiful my Dobie is and if I showed her. She has all the charateristics of a pure bred Pincher, a breed I fell in love with long ago.

So even if you are looking for a pure bred, check the local pound. Rescue pets seem more grateful and willing to please too!

D

Terrific story,Sam! Congrats to you on your new family member-the world needs more happy people-and pets!

S

Thats a nice looking dog.

B

Nice! "Used" Dogs are great.

T

Nice looking dog - she seems sweet from the photo alone. You did a good thing!

D

What a sweet happy smile she has, it looks like you both have found a good friend!

Awww, she wuvs you Sam!
I agree, free pets are the best. And it takes away profits from the greedy puppy farms that stock all those mall pet stores.

I hope she works out for you and your dog. That's so great that you took the time to help her, not to mention take her in.

She looks pretty big, but she looks like she has a nice expression in her eyes. She was probably bred for her flashy markings and stocky build.

My mom has a pitbull and a doberman, both were abandoned in her neighborhood, and both are the smartest, sweetest dogs that have ever been in the family. At one time, she also had a female collie, who was the most vicious beast known to the other two dogs, so breed stereotypes only account for so much.

Hey, I took in a stray this Christmas too! I don't remember what breed he was, just that he was delicious! I put in some herbs and spices and tenderizers that really took away the "chewiness" that dogs can have, you know what I mean. Forget the Christmas Goose, I'm all about the DOG!! (I'm pickling the paws for Easter, yummy)

Hey BONG, you're right, posting drunk IS fun!

F

So, what's the update on the doggie?

she's good. She will be staying.

The gift that keeps on giving.

When I took in thi sstray I mentioned that her teets were big and I thought she had just recently had pups. Well it turns out they were big because she was getting ready to have pups. As of this morning I have 8 new big headeded red nose pitbull pups.

M
Moki posted on Sat, Feb 26, 2005 12:13 PM

Pictures, pictures!! We need pictures.

Congrats and I hope you can find them all good homes.

BABY PUPPIES!

Puppy breath is the most wondeful and fleeting thing next to new car smell.

Eight puppies!!!
So now you have 10 dogs?! I'll bet those are adorable puppies, though.

Now the reason for her abandonment becomes painfully clear. How sad that people have the ability to treat an innocent animal this way.
Wishing you great connections in getting the puppies adopted to responsible homes.
When the time is right, take her to the vet to be spayed, as she's clearly a floozy! :)

We need photos of these Tiki-Pitt puppies!

pics:

T

Please take pictures of puppies wearing leis and sitting in Volcano Bowls, please!

M
Moki posted on Sun, Feb 27, 2005 5:13 PM

Too precious. Have lots of fun with this adventure!!

Pages: 1 24 replies