Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

If you invent a drink recipe is it wrong to keep it a secret?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I mean after all, a good deal of the fun of reading the Grogg Log is knowing the research that went into finding out what was in the unlabled bottles and all that.

But I will say I'm fine tuning a very potent secret ingredient mix, with one ingredient only available from one tree in one back yard in California...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Don Tiarre's version of Quiet Village has come just come on, I must drink deeply now....

TG

Are you planning to use this drink for good or evil? Is the secret ingredient something disgusting that people might enjoy but might not enjoy knowing what it is? (Like, is the "one ingredient only available from one tree in one back yard in California" only available after the spring hatch before the wings have dried?)

You can make a big deal about secret ingedients and unmarked bottles but if the drink doesn't wow the tongue of those-in-the-know you're just going to look silly. (As for the Ordinary tongue, you can ooh-and-ahh it with an unmarked bottle of blue curacao, so why bother trying?)

Recipes are best shared. It's seriously doubtful that in this day and age anyone is really trying to pinch a chicken pot pie or drink recipe. But if it makes you feel special, keep it a secret. Then you can walk through the world smiling to yourself. Secretly.

awesome words, when i get the tweaks to somewhere near wowcity i'll give share.

and i promise i won't flash a bottle of blue curacao at ya...

S

Remember, information wants to be free :D

It won't be worth the secret unless coveted... It won't be coveted unless others know of it (have tasted). If you can get your drink into the public forum without releasing the recipe and it proves covet-worthy, keep the secret -- at least for a while!
-FB

Pages: 1 4 replies