Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Creating new tiki shelf, help needed

Pages: 1 7 replies

Howdy. I got a bunch of new mugs for christmas, and I need to build a new shelf. I want to put spears, clubs, or something with shark teeth behind the shield. Anyway, I have no reference, and would appreciate if anyone would post pics of their own work or traditional items. Thanks!

B

A Lot of people Have posted pic's of their work in the past and are no longer to hear your request, but their posts are. You need to go back into the pages of creating tiki, either thru searches, or page by page accesed at the bottom right of the Creating Tiki page. You will see "next Page" and a lot of numbers which will take you thru every post made to creating tiki. You will find some remarkable work there.

I made these for my mugs and such...

HT

I wasn't sure if anyone actually made weapons on the board. i should have assumed with all the talent we've got on here that someone did.
Mahalo!

B

Check out this thread from Basement Kahuna:
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=5629&forum=7&110
scroll down till you get to feast your eyes on the weapons...

TD

Lake Surfer -

those shelves are very nice...can you tell me exactly what materials you used and where you purchased them? I need a few shelves of that nature and yours look nice.

Thanks

Thanks Tiki Diva...

All the wood is from my local Menards...
1x2's for the supports... Gorilla Glue...
A 8" x 48" board for the shelf...
Split bamboo nailed down on the sides...
Wood screws to hold the rest together

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-01-02 22:11 ]

TD

Thanks Lake Surfer for the info...I don't think we have a Menards in FL. Is that like a Home Depot? I would like my shelves to look like those in your photo...

Thanks again!

Pages: 1 7 replies