Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Guava Nectar drink anyone? or Falernum drink

Pages: 1 11 replies

Earlier today I was searching through this area looking for something new to me to bring to the new years party. I jotted down Gauva Nectar and Falernum. But now can't find the recipes I saw that had these ingredients in it. I was so worried about finding the product that I forgot to list the recipes.
I also have pineapple juice, a good varity of rums in stock, orgeat, and OJ.
I only own Intoxica at this time and while I search through it, I was hoping maybe someone else can come up witha tastey recipe. we need to head out soon for the party, so any help out there? please....

DZ

Try the Lei Lani Volcano, Intoxica page 47

Thank-you Z, I just found it too!
Melody

Just tried this tonight. It's sweet, but good. I'll be adding it to the Kanaloa Lounge menu.

The Combover:
2 Oz Looza Passion Fruit Nectar
.5 Oz Passion Fruit Syrup
3 Oz Jumex Guava nectar
.5 Oz velvet Falernum
1 Oz 80 proof Lemon Hart Demerara
1 Oz 151 proof Lemon Hart Demerara
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
4 drops Pernod
1 spent lime shell (notice there's no lime juice in the drink)

Combine all ingredients in a shaker with 1/2 cup of cracked ice, shake, pour over ice into double old fashioned glass, rub spent lime shell on glass edge, drop into drink. Garnish with rat's tail comb skewered with a piece of pinapple and a maraschino cherry (optional - mint sprig). When serving, exclaim - "Don't wear it, Drink it!" (thank's Dr. Z!).

Ran

[ Edited by: kick_the_reverb 2006-03-24 07:28 ]

H

Ran you always have the best recipes, can't wait to make this one.

N

Here's one I heard on Vegas Vic's Podcast a while ago, which subsequently became a favorite (before I ran out of Falernum).

Hawaiian Eye

2oz. Gold Rum
1oz. Light Rum
1oz. fresh lime juice
1oz. Sweet and Sour (fresh is best)
1oz. falernum

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with copious amounts of crushed ice. Shake Vigerously. Strain into a collins glass or Tiki Mug. Garnish with Pineapple, drop lime shell in. Enjoy!

According to Vic, this was created for the cast of the TV Show while they were filming.

Now I need to get more falernum....stupid s. Georgia.

Scott

C

Here is one of my favorite drinks with Guava Nectar in it:

Cayman Island Rum Punch
1 part coconut rum
1 part Dark Jamacian rum (most bartenders I saw used Myers')
1 part Guava nectar
3 parts pineapple juice
3 parts orange juice
1 dash grenadine

In a glass, large pitcher or punch bowl (depending on the size of your "parts") filled with ice mix everything except the grenadine. Pour into tall glasses or tiki mugs and add the dash of grenadine and allow it to sink.

Here's a drink recipe using Guava juice and tastes very tropical without being super sweet. It's one of my wife's favorite summertime drinks:

The GiGi

2 oz. Grapefruit infused Vodka (Domaine Charbay preferably)
1-1/2" oz. Guava juice/nectar
1/2" oz. Cranberry juice

Shake with ice and strain into chilled Martini glass.

The Riva Grill in Lake Tahoe makes this drink and it's very refreshing on a hot day!

The combover rocks! thanks for the great recipe!

Aaron

K

You say guava nectar, and the first thing I think of is that fat little ceramic man with the straw hole in his stomach and the drink that goes inside: the Happy Buddha. From Intoxica:

4 oz Guava nectar
1/2 oz Rose's Lime Juice
1/4 oz Cointreau
1 1/2 oz Martinique Rum

Never one to quibble with the Beachbum, but I prefer replacing the Rose's Lime Juice with equal amounts of fresh lime juice and simple syrup.

Not the greatest tiki drink, but pleasant with the right guava juice and good rum.

I made Beachbum's version of the Hawaiian Eye -- pg. 39 in Intoxica! -- and it was awesome. We enjoyed them while watching the old TV show now in rotation on the AmLife channel.

Pages: 1 11 replies