Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Who surfed New Year's Eve?

Pages: 1 8 replies

We did here on Lake Michigan! Insane air temps in the high 40's and a strong south wind made some swell... wind went offshore in the late morning...

I lasted 2 1/2 hours... water temp 35 degrees... thank goodness for 6mm wetsuits!

As for snowboarding season... well that's over for a while... :(

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-01-01 14:07 ]

I didn't.

My rez for this year, get my son a thicker wetsuit and his own board. Before December ended he asked me twice when we were going surfing again. I said spring and summer. With a thick suit we could go now. If Lake can do it...we can too.

Hauoli Makahiki Hou

JT

MG

I surfed Scripps Pier in La Jolla. Wind and rain were blowing hard from the South and the waves were either funky or closed out. Sets were head high and the water's about 59 degrees. La Jolla Shores is one of the only breaks in San Diego that blows off shore on a South wind but don't tell anyone.... it's a secret!

Cheak out http://www.surfshot.com/index.html for San Diego report and pics.

Today was 55 degrees, sunny, offshore, and waist-chest high. Around 42 water temp. Being from florida the last 15 years, don't really want to deal with these winters...instead, planning a tropical vacation, instead of a new wetsuit!

T

It was junk here in H.B. With the storm runoff, I usually wait 48 hours (unless it's REALLY good).

Yeah, I don't need a rash for some two foot slop either.

35 degrees?! I don't know how you do that.

T

I thought this thread was about being online on New Years Eve instead of going out to a party. I am such a nerd.

I didn't make it out either. I't has been pretty stormy in Northern Ca. For the past week or so. I have not been in the water since before Christmas. Cold , windy and stormy = NO FUN!
On a side plate, I am finally getting a NEW board shaped this year as a present from Chongolia. Yee-hoo!
Happy New Years everybody!

Chongo! A new board? Sweet.

Unfortunatly, now that I'm back in school my 5 year old Robert August will have to last another year or 2. It's a great board, but has it's share of ding's from my lame-ass surf buddies drop-ins!

Pages: 1 8 replies