Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

In NYC Jan 5-8, Cocktails @ Otto's NY TCers?

Pages: 1 14 replies

TM

My Wahine and I will be in the city Jan 5-8. We'll be going to Otto's on the 5th, probably around 8pm (we land @ JFK around 4:30). If you'd like to hook up, PM me.
We're going for the Terminal 5 exhibit at the TWA Terminal (JFK)....It's like a dream come true! Whenever we fly into JFK we walk over to the terminal and gaze through the windows wishing we could be on the other side, now we can! Anyone been?

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-01-04 07:35 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-01-04 07:36 ]

B

Hey tiki matt,

Big to do at Otto's on the 8th for Elvis' Birthday. I'm doing my best to get down for it. Maybe I'll see you then? If I get to NYC early (like the 7th) really wanna check out the Zombie Hut in brooklyn too.

Anyway, here's a link to the Otto's deal on the 8th. Hope to see ya. (PM me if you want)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12256&forum=4&1

Unless it's snowing, I will be at the show on the 8th. Anyone know if there is going to be a cover charge for the event?

-g-

I might could pop by for a snort. I wasn't planning to be down there, but depending on how the day goes, it could be a definite possibility.

Rockabilly on the 8th ? COOL. If I'm around, I'll check it out........

T

hey guys
steve from Otto's here. Looking foward to seeing you all on the 8th and there's no cover at Otto's

I'm a gonna try and be there, too.

B

So, how do we ID each other? Wear a red carnation? "Hello my name is" tags with your TC handle on it?

Or just spot the folks that are there earliest, drinking the heaviest, and having the most fun?

No-one ever taught me the secret handshake, so I'm at a loss.....

That's ok. I've been to Otto's half a dozen times, and I haven't been able to figure out who this Steve character is, and I am afraid to ask.

K
kauno posted on Fri, Jan 7, 2005 8:17 AM

I'm going to try to make it to this bash. Maybe the TCers should wear a red fez on their heads. I was at Otto's about a week and a half ago and met Steve and he's a cool guy. But I won't reveal his identity, I think he's been daylighting as a secret agent.

A

Had a real good time at Otto's last night. Two zombies and I was feeling quite good. The rockabilly was great and the punks dressed up in retro were a gas (lots of tats visible around the edges of clothing). A red fez is a great idea, but maybe some sort of pin could be produced. You know, a cool little tiki pin to put on the lapel of your puffy shirt? I finally introduced myself to someone in a Hukilau t shirt and he really didn't know what I was talking about (his friend gave him the shirt!) I would have liked to meet some of you, so can't someone produce this pin for us (unless one already exists?).

S
Swanky posted on Sun, Jan 9, 2005 3:40 PM

A good idea! mAYBE A TIKI NECKLACE THAT WILL MAKE US STAND OUT TO EACH OTHER, BUT ALSO BE COOL FOR EVERYDAY WEAR. Sorry for the caps. I am too lazy to fix it.

The TC identity necklace is a must!

Agreed, the show was fantastic. On par with many of the Fishermen nights there. I admit, I was too shy to just ask people if they were TCers,and I spent most of my time looking for the elusive Steve Pang guy, but alas never found him. It was probably because of the $2 rum shots. Yum.

-g-

Who're the Fishermen?

I finally introduced myself to someone in a Hukilau t shirt and he really didn't know what I was talking about (his friend gave him the shirt!)

I'm the friend who gave him the shirt but you walked away before I could say "Hey"!
But I'm not a regular TC'r so you wouldn't have been missing anybody. I'm more... a fan of the site and genre. And a fan of alcohol. BIG FAN!

But yes, it was a great night! I really dig that band (Rhythm Bound!) and they really brought out the RAB scene people.
Those going to VLV'05 should look them up!

And as you say, Mahalo! (right?)

"The only time I ever said no to a drink was when I misunderstood the question."

Will Sinclair

[ Edited by: JerseyRED on 2005-01-16 06:13 ]

MC

I'm sorry to hear that I missed trying to hang out with TCers trying to hang out. It was definately when I had the flu.
ps wearing bright Hawaiian shirts and dresses is a great way to signal your TC identity

Manic Cat

Pages: 1 14 replies