Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Zealand Aloha Shirts

Pages: 1 11 replies

Just found this website.

These prints are some of the best I have seen in a while. Might have to get me a couple if the shipping isnt prohibitive

http://www.swallow.co.nz/kowhai.html

Please keep us posted as to how much shipping is. Those are really nice shirts. Thanks for sharing.

O

Wow, keep us in the loop also...thanks

Holy Moly! Those are really cool! Also, when I saw that the prices for the shirts are in "New Zealand dollars", I thought "oh great, the conversion is probably double or more". Well, after looking at the conversion table, it looks like a 15 New Zealand dollar shirt is really $10.49 U.S. money! A 10 New Zealand dollar shirt is really $6.00!!

Not only that, wholesale pricing is available...aka, lower priced shirts! Now to see if the quality is as good as the pics. I may have to place an order with Monkeyman just to satisfy my curiosity! (He works just down the street from Tiki Farm.)

Looks like a good find.

S

Hmmmmmm, I might be interested in a couple of these, depending on shipping.

I like the cloth, but they don't show any images of the shirts. Does anyone know what style the Hawaiian shirts are in?

freddiefreelance wrote:
Does anyone know what style the Hawaiian shirts are in?

Yes. Hawaiian style.

Ha, just kidding freddie. You must be referring to the overall finished sizes of the shirts, right? Yeah, it would be nice to get more information.

I just called New Zealand (since SOMEONE had to contact them) and asked that they call me back. Instead of asking them a bunch of questions, I am going to ask Perla (the contact name on the website), to come here to TC to answer everyone's questions and possibly get an order or two or twenty processed.

We'll see what happens.

SCD, I meant things like: are there pockets on the shirts, if so are they built-in or patch packets, do they do pattern matching, use single or double seams, what kind of buttons, what type & size of collar, the size of the yoke, etc. Some pictures of each item they carry would be nice.

M

The shirts are made of 100% Rayon.

Shipping for 10 shirts to the US would run about $30NZ

Thats about $21 US for 10 shirts.

I forgot to ask her about the sizing (ie- chest and shoulder measurments of a Large, XL etc.)

[ Edited by: monkeyman on 2005-01-05 20:11 ]

bump for the good fight

I could always proceed with an order but I was not real interested in rayon shirts. I already have enough of them and they have a very limited use. Sweaty in hot weather, always needs an undershirt, washing is funky etc.

I sure like that print too.

I got two of them for $30 including shipping. They have strong patterns and sharp colors, and you're buying direct from the manufacturer.

Pages: 1 11 replies