Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Low-Flow Toilets Suck (or Blow; you're pick)!

Pages: 1 17 replies

T

**** As requested, I first did an extensive search of all thread in all forums on this topic and found NONE!****

Low-Flow toilets actually waste water. News at 11:00.

(I think this marks the end of anything with substance I have to say; of course, that may have occured sometime previously, before, in the past, at a prior date and time)

GT

Fo sho, no newbie could have come up with that!

Was this one of the points of discussion during your meeting with "the nobles"?

I know all those "bandwagon jumpers" will miss the deep Tiki-ness of your missive, they'll just think that lo-flo toilet bashing is "what's happening!"

:wink:

That being said, you're way ahead of me on substance! :lol:

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2005-01-05 13:19 ]

S
sinner posted on Wed, Jan 5, 2005 5:34 PM

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. I'm not pick at all.

K
Kono posted on Wed, Jan 5, 2005 6:29 PM

Bong's exactly right on the low flo toilets. If you're just peeing then they're A-OK but if you produce something with a little more substance, then you often have to flush twice! Or more!

Low flow showerheads are "Da Bomb" however. Since I got a low flo showerhead I have yet to run out of hot water whilst showering. And that's a blessing. Also when you combine shower time with pee time then you really make the low flo toilet a complete waste of time, water and energy. Go with the showerhead people!

Low flow toilets are ridiculous. Half the time you need to do a courtesy flush for yourself just to keep things from clogging up.

H

Way too much information.....

It is true. The low flow toilets hear in India are vary bad. We are always having to many flush.

OFFENSIVE PHOTO -CLICK AT OWN RISK

[Edited by hanford to remove offensive pic]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-01-06 18:36 ]

TB

Whoa, ok, now breakfast doesnt seem so good...

Tbird.

You're right Kono, low-flow shower heads are worth it. It just takes a while to get used to less water, but then you're good to go.

Speaking of which, how many TC'rs pee in the shower?

One time when I had athlete's foot my wife told me that Madonna cured her athlete's foot by peeing on her feet in the shower. I told her "Yeah, but do you know how hard it is to get Madonna to pee on your feet in the shower?"

just dress up like britney spears, freddie :)

That's easy for you to say J$, you've gor the legs for it! :D

MG

I think that picture is just a spoon full of some exotic soup.

T

I have a low flow toilet and a low flow shower. I fixed the shower by simply removing the plastic o-ring inside the hsower head that reduced the flow. Now I am blasted with a firehose like torrent when I shower, which is awesome. The toilet I cannot fix however, and its driving me crazy. You have to flush 3 or 4 times whenever someone puts exotic soup into the bowl. This is counterproductive for sure!

MG

On 2005-01-06 12:33, freddiefreelance wrote:
One time when I had athlete's foot my wife told me that Madonna cured her athlete's foot by peeing on her feet in the shower.

Maybe I should run around barefoot in public restrooms more often. Maybe my wife will feal sorry for me and that will finally get her to take a shower with me to pee on my feet. She's always been a huge Madonna fan.

Ya know there are low-flow toilets with TWO buttons!

One for #1, the other for 'bulkier' needs.
Sounds like a solution!

As far as water goes, we used to be a two shower maximum household. Whenever guests were around we'd make them use the hose outside.

We recently converted to gas and an on-demand hot water system. You turn on the tap, the hot starts flowing. You NEVER run out(unless of course you have a power outage) and there is no tank! The entire thing is about 2' X 1' X 1'. Also great if you're putting in a basement suite and need the extra space.

Low flow sucks. Give me a nice massaging shower and a tsunami when I flush :wink:

A

I spent 9 1/2 years going out to sea on Coast Guard ships...Let me just say that low flow VACUUM toilets really SUCK. They are so bad that they put a sawed off broom stick next to them for you to "break up" your waste. Yummy!

So you wanna talk shit doo yah
Well as a builder of fine homes
We like to install only one brand of toilet
From the least expensive in their line to the most expensive.
TOTO toilets can take a 2" handball and suck it down every time.
We even install them as construction toilets and have all the workmen and workwomen on a 13,000 square foot house that takes 3 years, use them. And never a clog.
So remember Aunty Em, when you crap on TOTO
your not in Kansas any more?

Pages: 1 17 replies