Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Meet Yma Sumac!

Pages: 1 14 replies

I have been told that Yma Sumac will be appearing at the Hollywood Collectors Show in Burbank on February 18-19.

More info is at http://www.hollywoodcollectorshow.com.

[ Edited by: cynfulcynner on 2005-01-05 16:07 ]

D

Yma--What a voice!!!!!!!!!!1

llet yma olleh morf em fi uoy ees reh

From the Burbank show update page:

Yma Sumac
From "The Secret Of The Incas","Omar Khayyam","The Apple" and "Yma Sumac: Hollywood's Inca Princess" Click Here For Photo
Ms. Sumac will also be selling her CD's 'Mambo' ,
'The Ultimate Yma Sumac' and 'The
Voice Of The Xtabay' at our Show.

Also at the show: Jane Russell, Marjorie Lord, Gale Storm, Ernie Hudson, Karolyn 'Zuzu' Grimes, Carol Cleveland (from Monty Python), Clint Howard, Noel Neill (the original Lois Lane), 2 Munchkins, Lou Ferigno, Felix Silla (Cousin Itt), Edd 'Kookie' Byrnes, Carol Lynley, Hayley Mills, Traci Lords, Robert Culp & many more.

For those in the midwest, there's a Chicago show, April 16 & 17, with: Russ Tamblyn & James MacArthur (Dano!) among others.

O

Yma in my town, I am there

M

As part of Miss Sumac's staff, I confirm, she will be there, so far, for both days. This is a very rare appearance. She has mentioned complete retirement recently, so it is a good idea to attend this. She will have photos and Cd's there, but you may bring your own as well, if you like. See you there!

M

Somebody please get a picture with Ms. Sumac!

TM1

Mrdevine, you are not Tom devine, are you?

Someone HAS TO interview her. Please.

On 2005-01-07 20:08, Mrdevine wrote:
As part of Miss Sumac's staff, I confirm, she will be there, so far, for both days. This is a very rare appearance. She has mentioned complete retirement recently, so it is a good idea to attend this. She will have photos and Cd's there, but you may bring your own as well, if you like. See you there!

Any chance of organising something for us Tiki Centralites? Some kind of interview would be great, and I know there would be a whole bunch of takers for photos/CD's etc. Perhaps get back to us after the shows are over?

Trader Woody

M

Miss Sumac has a brand new web site up that just went up tonight. On there is contact information for her manager and Miss Sumac as well. Everyone put this on your favorites list! http://www.yma-sumac.com

There's no way in hell that I'm going to miss this one. And don't worry, my camera will be loaded with pics!

Damn you SoCal for having fairly often cool events!

People, take pics and share. For the poor monkeys whose girlfriends won't let them escape for a weekend.

I was thinking of taking Trader Wooody's suggestion and contacting Yma or her management to see about possibly organizing a little post show Q&A with all the TCers. Quite a few people would need to go to make it worth her wild though. To all of you that are interested email me or post here.

S
S.Alex posted on Sat, Jul 1, 2006 2:37 PM

Has Anyone went to the show? and has any personal fan stories please e-mail me at [email protected] or Post here. They will be posted on my new PERUVIAN-DIVA YMA SUMAC FANSITE which is mainly dedicated to fan stories ect.

You can find the site fallowing this link http://www.freewebs.com/peruvian-diva/
your stories , or kind words toward yma sumac would be posted in the Fans section.

Thank you very much

Pages: 1 14 replies