Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Bahooka 1/15/05 photos pg 2

Pages: 1 26 replies

OL

Krustitiki and I would like to invite all Tiki Centralites to join us at the Bahooka Restaurant in Rosemead, California on the night of Saturday, January 15, 2005.

The Bahooka is famous for it’s tropical décor, fabulous ribs, fish tanks, and flaming drinks. T

Check it out at http://www.bahooka.com, and Humuhumu’s http://www.critiki.com .

Since we will be celebrating the anniversary of my birth, I will be buying the first (and possibly second and third) round of drinks!

UPDATE:
We have booked the party room at the Bahooka from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. We can start drinks and appetizers at 6, and dinner around 7:00. After 9:00, the party moves to our house in El Monte, a couple miles away.

Please post here if you are coming, so we can plan the amount of food! I hope to see all of you there!

Ookoo Lady

[ Edited by: ookoo lady on 2005-01-08 17:18 ]

[ Edited by: ookoo lady on 2005-01-18 09:14 ]

MG

Right on! We missed New Years eve with you guys so I'll insist to Lisa that we have to go to this one. We still havn't been to the Bahooka yet. Maybe we can get a jam session goin'. I better bust out my "Luka Grogg's Ukulele Fantasy Camp" booklet and start practicing.

Happy Birthday to you, Ookoo!
Wish I could join y'all. That'll be quite a fine evening of tippling, strumming and basking in the Bahooka bowers. Gene was one of my star campers and glad to hear you've still got the camp booklet.

-Iuka Grogg

WATAH! I'll be there with bells on....

The family has never been and I've promising my kids they could see the restaurant of a hundred aquariums.

I will be there.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2005-01-11 15:09 ]

T

Do they serve bears at the Bahooka?

On 2005-01-06 08:41, ookoo lady wrote:
Saturday, January 15, 2005... anniversary of my birth

Me too!

Um. That is to say, my birthday also falls on that weekend (16th). Depending on whether or not MonkeyBoy has made plans I'm not aware of, we'd love to drop in and make it a double, if that's okay with you!

Karen

OL

Um. That is to say, my birthday also falls on that weekend (16th). Karen

Well Hey Birthday Buddy Karen!
My "actual" birthday is also the 16th, I just moved this to Saturday because I have to get up early on Monday. I'd love to see you, and we can share spotlight.

I also want to tell Mean Gene and any other people who are coming long distances that you are welcome to spend the night at our house. We have an extra air mattress and a couple of couches that are available for guests.

See you all at Bahooka!

K

Tiki_Bare said
"Do they serve bears at the Bahooka?"

I have not seen it on the menu, but they sure would be yummy with the house Bare-B-Q Sauce. Mmmmm ... bear.

M

On 2005-01-07 13:53, Krustiki wrote:
Tiki_Bare said
"Do they serve bears at the Bahooka?"

I have not seen it on the menu, but they sure would be yummy with the house Bare-B-Q Sauce. Mmmmm ... bear.

Can we share again?

OL

See the update in the first post. I'd like to get an idea how many people are coming.

The Bahooka is a totally cool place. They've got tikis and a giant carrot-eating fish. They will also light just about anything on fire if you request it.

P

I would be delighted to help you celebrate your birthday at the Fabulous Bahooka. See you there!

I want to go. Can someone swig by Bong's Tiki Hut and give him a ride?

If I promise not to say or do anything too distasteful...can I come too? Me likey Bahooky.

On 2005-01-08 23:48, tikitortured wrote:
can I come too? Me likey Bahooky.

Yes Tikitortured, you can come too.

A bump for the lovely Ookoo

I'm going to try to make it!

Me, too.

Very Happy Birthday wishes!

4 Monkeyfolk are In.

2 Adults , 2 Tiki Pupils in Training.

Dang - turns out MonkeyBoy did make plans for that night, so we won't be able to make it after all.

But Happy Birthday to you, ookoo lady!! I'll raise a glass to you wherever we end up :)

MG

Hey OoKoO
I'll be there solo but I have to head back to SD that night.
Will Kapt. Kula be there?
See ya!

T

Trustar 3some to be "Bahooka-ized"

Tikibelle and I have just confirmed that we can make it too. Sorry for the late notice. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Sabu

T

If your checking in before you leave, make sure yuou print out the $5.00 off coupon from the Bahooka site. After the menu.

http://www.geocities.com/bahookarestaurant/

T

Thanks to everybody who came to the Bahooka and helped celebrate! I had a great time, and I hope you all did too. Thanks for the cool gifts, and the generous donations to the dinner fund. Tiki Central people are the greatest!

Here's a link to a few photos from that night.

http://www.mutantqueens.com/bahooka.htm

wow! who made your cake?? its tiki-riffic!

looks like a wonderful event.. with plenty of cake!

On 2005-01-17 23:14, dogbytes wrote:
wow! who made your cake?? its tiki-riffic!

The image was done by an artist friend named Pearl Beach. Our local bakery scanned the image and printed it on the cake.

It tasted pretty good, too.

Pages: 1 26 replies