Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

the alter of Tiki

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Im not sure if this is a old subject. I was wondering if anyone considers tiki a religious experience or considers tiki their one true religion. Is.. "The Book of Tiki" the Bible, Tiki Central the church, the collection of tiki mugs the alter, and a tiki necklace the crucifix.
Is Sunday morning when you are looking for new mugs or carving an existing log? I know for me that creating a tiki mug is spirtual in the way that I am a creator and able to uplift my thoughts when doing so. A mug is created from the same material (mud) that life was derived from, from anyone's religious background.

T

thanks for that link. I saw a few messages that relate to my post. Not about the Christian aspect but how tiki makes one feel enlightenment. Art is something that I do to feel enlighten. I certainly wouldn't want to talk about existing religions (if that could be possible) but how there are ways to find a way to higher thoughts about the world without a standard religion. But if these thoughts are not appropriate on TC then so be it.

On 2005-01-06 12:45, teaKEY wrote:
But if these thoughts are not appropriate on TC then so be it.

No teaKEY, these are great thoughts and I agree with them.
Didn't mean to throw your thread off.
I love the Tiki life because there is no religion involved. I can't really put it into deep thoughts (if I did, I would probably ruin it for myself).
All I know is that I love Tikis, the island culture, and the atmosphere of the TC Ohana.
It works fot me.

T

just checking to see if my logo works and Hale mug is at the Farm

[ Edited by: teaKEY on 2005-01-24 17:51 ]

T

maybe now

W

I like the pun in your topic title quite a bit "The Alter of Tiki". My main attraction to the Tiki environment is the altered state I find myself in: The suspension of time and place upon entering an eternal twilight of a swell Tiki bar. Oh, the alcohol has some very slight conscious altering appeal as well. (And on the extremely rare times I've actually had an excellent tropical concoction at a bar I feel like Saul on the road to Damascus.)

[i]On 2005-01-06 12:58, Unga Bunga wrote:

All I know is that I love Tikis, the island culture, and the atmosphere of the TC Ohana.

Tiki is nirvana!

The closet thing to Heaven on Earth, particularly if the tiki bar is in the tropics and the tiki torches are buring.

I had my nirvana experience at Tiki's in Waikiki.

There are Tiki Gods: Pele, Ku, Lono, etc.
The missionaries helped get rid of them, although the religion was very discriminatory against women and non-royals - but it is in good company with those traits.

MT

Has teaKEY somehow been altered? :o I'm always the last to know.

Pages: 1 9 replies