Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Cookolossu and 7 1/2 foot pole now for sale...

Pages: 1 12 replies

I want to make sure everyone has a fair shot at these, as these are two of my biggest to date. Both of these Items were originally part of the Kon Tiki Paradise Room, until a brief stint at the Hale Tiki, until they were returned to me in a settlement. As I had resigned them for sale before I now submit them for purchase to the Tiki Ohana..They mean a lot to me, but I need the money. I hope they find a very good home and the Tiki spirit that they deserve... Here goes: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3951249004&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3951251372&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

T

Base that should pull some big ones for you. Hmmmm, looks like I am the first to see this, or comment on it should I say. Good luck to the highest bidder and to you Dave. Awesome piece it is. Anyone would be proud to own this masterpiece. It will be interesting to see who ends up with it. Might be me!

G.

[ Edited by: tikifreak on 2005-01-07 05:56 ]

T

That goes for both of them!

G.

Thanks, brother, and good to hear from you, Gary. How's the carving going?

T

Likewise....

Carvings are going great. Not the quality of yours, but I sure have been putting out alot lately. Bars and other stuff too...Just got an order for (10) 5ft'rs that are going to Benidorm, Spain to be displayed in the "Bay Beach Bar". It's a famous Surf Bar there....Staying busy.

Hope things are looking up for you this year. I know it's been hard for you from what I have been reading.....

Hang in there D.,

G.

[ Edited by: tikifreak on 2005-01-07 16:18 ]

Thanks, Gary...you, too..and good luck on the bids. Sounds like you've built some killer business.

8 hours and counting...man, I hope these get better. Not even worth carving them at this point....Holding breath..

Basement Kahuna wrote:
8 hours and counting...man, I hope these get better. Not even worth carving them at this point....Holding breath..

BK, like JTD said in the other thread, there are snipers waiting until the last minute, but do you think that the fact that the poles have to be picked up might hinder us coastal bidders? I know they are HUGE, but just thought that maybe the shipping arrangements might ward off far-away (and salivating) bidders.

I agree with SC Daddy. Now if BK was coming to Tiki Oasis V and was able to bring the tikis with him, I bet the West Coast Hoity Toity bidders would go into a frenzy!

Are these tikis still at Hale Tiki?

I'll be that there are some people out there, perhaps who live in Chicago, who would be willing to bid on these and allow Hale Tiki to hold on to them (in the bar) until arrangements to pick them up can be made.

Dave, I know there is tension between you and HT, but this plan might make everyone happy - you get paid, Hale Tiki gets some decor for a few months, and the winning bidder gets some time to arragne for picking them up.

James, -the long and the short-these tikis came back to me from Hale Tiki as a result of a Richmond County Magistrate Court settlement resulting from an action I had to bring against Hale Tiki to finally expedite getting paid after eight months. They are here with me again now, court order..they were never paid for, therefore never sold, and therefore once I got them back I sold them as was the original intention. The difference is these buyers paid right away, as it should be. I wish Hale Tiki the best for the future, but personally am glad to be rid inasmuch as my own involvement.

HT

ONCE AGAIN, AT THIS JUNCTURE, I WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY THAT I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PERSON IN AUGUSTA, GEORGIA. ALTHOUGH I AM LOOKING AT STARTING A BAR IN PHILLY, I ASSURE EVERYONE, I AM AN ASS (IN THE FUNNY HA-HA WAY), BUT NOT A MINDLESS JACKASS. Basement Kahuna, I only wish I had the money to buy one of them. I have looked over all your work in the postings, and am floored at your ability. Especially at what appears in pictures, that you are closer to my age than some of the people that have been carving for years and years. I only hope that once my hand heals, I can be a fraction as talented at carving as you are. Terribly sorry they didn't go for more. They're amazing Marq's, and are truly a display of your talent. The winners of the auctions got a hell of a bargain in my book. Aloha and Pomaika‘i. By the way, when are you going to get your own Tiki Farm mug?

K
Kono posted on Thu, Jan 13, 2005 6:08 PM

BK, I'm very surprised and sorry that they didn't go for triple what they went for. I'm also sorry that I don't have the spare $$ to have won one of those. You're probably a bit soured on ebay but ideas for the future:

Set a reserve. Make it the longest auction time you can (nine days? ten days?). Make the auctions end Sunday evening EST. Give potential bidders some idea of shipping costs vague as they may be (think about it, some tiki geek with loads of cash may not balk at a $500 S/H but will balk at arranging their own means of obtaining the item). Email all the ebay tiki high rollers and let them know when you put a carving up for auction (plenty here can tell you who the high rollers are).

Your carvings are world class. These bidders got very very lucky.

Pages: 1 12 replies