Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Estate Sale, Sat. 01-8-05 Rosemead, CA - Lap Steel Guitar

Pages: 1 2 replies

Well I normally don't post in this section - BUT I thought there might be someone in the group looking for a vintage lap steel guitar - so here's the low down:

Estate Sale, Saturday January 8th, 9:00-3:00
I Know it is going to be dumping rain, but the show must go on. My Client will be available for the pick-up of large items all next week, so you can move any large items when the weather improves.

Electric Vintage Steel Lap Guitar

3742 Temple City Blvd, Rosemead
just north of 10 Freeway
no matter how hard it rains - i'm gonna go - anyone game to join? PM me if so...

B

FutureGirl, any idea how much the lap guitar is going for?

T

purchasing a 'vintage' lap steel should not be a slam-dunk, knee-jerk reaction, as to say purchasing a 'vintage' Trader Vic bust mug.

Even though it may be rightly 'vintage', a lap steel has many other items that may render it junk.

You would have to know a) what manufacturer was it (to begin with), b) do the electronics work (do you know how to tell), c) many vintage lap's had a permanantly attached cord to plug into the amp (that set up sucks), d) are the machine heads (tuners) in good working order (just TRY to find replacement parts if not), e) are the nut and bridge in good working order (do you know how to tell?), f) is it a great deal that Tiki Bong should get first crack at?

Pages: 1 2 replies