Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Who designed Shecky?

Pages: 1 19 replies

Who came up with the original design of Shecky? As in this design:

Was it AquaRJ? TikiFish? Someone who doesn't post anymore? Yahoo destroyed all of our old posts so I can't really read up to see who it was.

Anyway, if anyone knows, please post!

Mahalo,

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-10-05 21:54 ]

P

Well, I can't say for sure, but since I am sitting here drinking a Mai Tai out of a Munktiki Shecky mug as I type this, that makes me as qualified as anybody to comment.

By my best recollection, it was Tikifish. And I want to thank her for this most lovely (and fully functional) mug. Oh, and Stucky too, of course. Although, really, I think the mai tai tastes better out of glass. But Shecky does feel nice and comfy in the hand.

T

I designed it. Too bad I don't have the oroginal bar napkin I did it on!

T

I designed it. Too bad I don't have the oroginal bar napkin I did it on!

T

It's a fun design! Has anyone ever attempted to carve it full size?

I believe the only "carving" of Shecky is TraderPup's Tiki-O-Lantern:

http://www.traderpup.com/tikicrafts/jack_o_torch.htm

I'll give it a chop I'll show Y'all a pic when its done.....tikijaksin

Okay, it was you Tikifish! I wasn't sure. I knew you designed the mug but I wasn't sure if you had designed the original shecky.

Cheers to Tikifish!

~Hanford :sheckymug:

T

Yes, but that sticker with the purple background that everyone got at the Crawl was made by someone else = aquarj? I'm not sure.

T

Is it possible to get that sticker...?

T

I have some kicking around somewhere - if you send me your address I'll mail you some!
It's just a matter of finding them in my closetwhich is rather frightening at the moment.

T

Thanks! I will contact you on Yahoo messenger.

D

Hey Tikifish-can any one else get a sticker?If it's not a big deal? And how can someone get a mug????

T

I have some of the small round stickers that were passed around at the Big Ol' Tiki Bash... if anyone is interested, I can send a few out to ya. Just e-mail me your address. I think I have about 100 or so left.

:tiki:

Trader Pup

visit Traderpup.com

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2002-10-08 17:28 ]

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2002-10-08 17:31 ]

Hey Trader Pup, where/how did you make those? They're cool!

Hanford

D

Traderpup-you've got mail. That looks great...divy

T

Traderpup - I'd like one too!

T

Okay... my web site host is screwing up my mail server..... if your mail to me gets bounced back.... use my other email:

[email protected]

The sticker art is just clipart I "borrowed" from Tiki Central, arranged in Photoshop, printed on Avery round labels in Word (Most Avery inkjet labels have template files in Word). I used a dry ink printer, so they won't smudge if you spilled your cocktail on them!

I mean to stop by a print shop and get some pricing on various formats. Vinyl stickers would be great... but pricey!

:tiki:

A
aquarj posted on Tue, Oct 8, 2002 7:54 PM

Yep, I was the one who made the colored shecky from Tikifish's sketch. Not quite the major rendering contribution that Munktiki did by realizing it in 3 dimensions, but I guess the idea was to make it simple and easily reproducible anyway. If anyone wants the original vector or hi-res bitmap version I probably have em somewhere.
-Randy

D

Thank you TRADER PUP for the stickers, gottem today!!

Pages: 1 19 replies