Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

L.A. Autoshow-Tiki Truck-pix added

Pages: 1 11 replies

A friend who went said there was a Tikified truck there. Anyone see this? I will try to post his photos when I see them.

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2005-01-12 23:01 ]

H

BF, I just got the Sunday Daily news, and there is a Galpin Ford calender in it. The June page has a tiki truck on the cover, with all kinds of tiki sruff all over it.Check it out I will save the calender for you if you like.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jan 10, 2005 3:50 AM

I googled it and got this:

(page is not in English, and I cant post pics - sorry).

http://ticker.vhb.de/psticker/fn/tick/sfn/main_bild/design/1/pageid/60949/

D

This is the translation I got when I bable fished it on AltaVista. If only my car came with an artificial "wasserfall" feature.

"Non tradition luxury cars" the American calls the drawer for solcherlei vehicle. "Tiki the Truck" presented on of Los Angeles opened on 7 January the car show; offers an artificial wasserfall, which pours into the Jacuzzi on the loading area. Clearly that Teakholz lining, "frozen drink machine" and "portable barbeque" also to the equipment belong.

H

Here is the same truck - in English!

The caption (same pic) reads:

The "Tiki Truck," a converted Ford F-250, is one of the many non-traditonal luxury cars that will be featured at the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show opening January 7, 2005 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The truck features a waterfall that drops into a jacuzzi, portable barbeque and a frozen drink machine all hidden by a teakwood deck cover. The auto show is open until January 16.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/625_0019005300010020,32.htm

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2005-01-12 23:00 ]

Here's the pix

Bamboo Grill

I love the seats! That's a hell of a lot of applique work!

Damn! To have that kind of money to trick out a truck like that...

Betcha "Pimp My Ride" couldn't build a truck that friggin' sweet!

Sorry gusy but, " HATED IT!" Just looks like some things were an after thought. The graphics on the sides are cool, but they should have painted the truck a diff color. the upholstery work (sewing is detailed) but thos colors are off and they used too many of them.

Yeah, I like that they thought to incorporate a tiki motif into the seats, but the need to embellish tikis with a lot of colors is so...parrot-y.

Pages: 1 11 replies