Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Pyrat Party 1/29/05 Long Beach

Pages: 1 5 replies

If anyone here likes to dress up like a pirate and listen to live nautical music, check out Kapt. Kula. They put on a great show, with a lot of audience participation.
Here's their announcement:

Pike Restaurant & Bar
1836 E. 4th ST Long Beach CA
1 Block West of Cherry Ave
(562)437-4453
Cover Charge $5.00
Live Music 10pm to 1am
Arrive early (8pm if you can) to Commandeer a Mooring for your Vessel and a seat at which to eat and view moving pictures of Wooden Ships, Iron Men and Heroine Women.
Act out your Piratical Fantasies with us in Costume and Accouterments as we Talk, Sing, Dance, Eat, Drink, and PARTY LIKE PYRATS!
Your Mercenary of Music & Mirth,
Kapt. Kula

OH MY GOD!....KAPT KULA!
Would you believe that "Mean Gene" actually had dinner with "Kapt. Ray Kula" last month at Pike. I came up from SD to deliver T-shirts to Hilary's work (the King's girlfriend) and then hit the Starlight Room and a few other shops on 4th street to do some Xmas shopping. I met Kapt. Kula while sitting at the bar eating my fish & chips. He didn't seem like a guy that I would normally stike up a conversation with, but when he told me that he played the ukulele in a pirate band it was all over..... I told him about TIKI OASIS WEEKEND and since Baby Doe said it was pirate themed.....HE HAS TO PLAY! They would be perfect. I told him to check out TIKI NEWS and TIKI CENTRAL for more info on Tiki Oasis.

I think we should all check out this gig on the 29th and consider contacting Otto about them.

http://www.fallingcocos.com

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2005-01-11 08:56 ]

MG

Has anyone else heard of or seen "Kapt. Kula's Pyrat Party"?
(that's the way he spells it)

Just a "bump" because it's coming up this weekend. Think of it as a dress-reheasal for Tiki Oasis.

Arrrrrrrrr!!!

On 2005-01-24 22:48, RevBambooBen wrote:
Arrrrrrrrr!!!

ditto

Pages: 1 5 replies