Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

surgery recovery - warning, pictures included

Pages: 1 8 replies

To all who read my prior post about having surgery:
I had surgery December 27th, and am recovering, The took the bandages off a week ago. I've been in a world of pain since the surgery. I still have very limited use of my thumb, and haven't been able to make stained glass, photography, or finish building my newest tiki shelf. Alas, this hasn't prevented me from mixing drinks. Anyway, here's a picture of the incision 5 days after they took the bandage off, 12 days after the surgery. Pretty gnarly. I thought I'd post because I know some people enjoy gruesome pictures. Aloha!

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki on 2005-01-12 00:12 ]

At first, I thought that was your armpit.

eewww, Why'd I click on that?

TM1

It does! It looks like my dad standing backwards!

Ouch! Hurry up and get better... can't wait to see your first carving!

8T

Did your surgeon have to write on you so he could use his scalpel to play connect the dots?

HT

He did. Though the lines on my hand pre surgery were quite differnt from the one on there now. Which I find quite strange. They were in black marker, and there were 3 of them, with the doctor's initials. Apparently, according to the doctor, their protocol is that they have to premark the incisions to avoid confusion, and initial them as well, to ensure they were the ones that drew them. Weird, but hell, it was supposedly a success.

H

I am enjoying this picture, thank you. Do you have more???

On 2005-01-12 08:11, tiki mick wrote:
It does! It looks like my dad standing backwards!

Except for the absence of hair...mine too!!!

Pages: 1 8 replies