Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New stuff (finally)

Pages: 1 11 replies

M

I have been obsessed with getting this guy done along with the outside cove bar. There will be 3 Tiki bars in the yard when all is said and done. There are great blueprints on ebay.

Happy new year all !

The striped chairs will be exchanged for tiki proper decor! mahalo!

[ Edited by: McTiki on 2005-01-12 11:33 ]

FYI dude,
Your linkies appear to be broken.
(rats! I wanted to see it too!)

-Tomu-Tiki

Holy Schniki-Tikis!!!!
That's FREAKING AWESOME, DUDE!
I love it!!!!
That is one Mean, scary lookin' TIKI!!!
Sweet!

That's also gotta represent many mondo mucho hours of blood, sweat and tears in that wood, eh?

Speaking of which,
Does gouging the heck out of yourself ever go away? I'm like, spending a fortune on band-aids these days....LOL

-In Friendship,
Tomu-Tiki

M

Tomu,

Thanks for the props! Yes, he bled me good. Sabal palm loves to splinter you as well! Just pulled the last ine out today at work. No, it doesn't go away unless you are using chainmale gloves which limits your creativity. Drinking spirits just makes the blood flow faster too!

Damn Skippy! you SHOULD get props for that Towering-tremendous-Tiki!!!
I'm sure that finishing that sucker has GOT to leave you about 10 shades of proud right about now. :)

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you all and all from start to finish?

Is this your largest yet?

-In Friendship,
-Tomu-Tiki

[ Edited by: Tomu-Tiki on 2005-01-12 13:02 ]

M

Thanks again Bruddah. He took about 16 total hours between running from hurricanes and breaking older tools and the bleedings. He is not the largest, but, he is the most detailed to date. If you want to see what inspires me, go to Benzart's string or Flounder or Lake Surfer. They got the juice for Tiki styles. Thanks again.

That's looking real good, McTiki. I'm hoping to tackle a full body tiki myself soon. I like your little outdoor lounge area. Keep up the good work!

A-A

B

Wow 3 bars. Thats the way to do it. Shorten the stumbling distance from one to the next to the next and then to the bed. Cool looking tiki, Great detail. I know what you mean about the sable palms, Very mean and nasty, Full of silica to so just as nasty to your tools. Thanks fo0r posting and show us MORE...

M

Thanks Ben/Aaron

Your input means the world to all that post here.

Here's some inside pics of the cove's roof work

and an additional 7 inch bamboo root head I carved with a Exacto hook knife and emery boards. Still managed to get bloody.

Also, McKu's resting place.

Mahalo

58 degrees here on the island this AM. Brrr

McTiki

[ Edited by: McTiki on 2005-01-16 08:55 ]

Sweet fullbody there bruddah!....I especially like the spray can painted tiki face on the log in the background of the first picture.....You even left the can on top. Now that's a nice touch!

Good works, keep it up....

G.

M

Sorry for not sprucin up the grounds prior to the photo shoot. My first ones had beer bottles in the background. Guess I should clean up my act some (not much though)

Thanks for the props Gary

More coming- Better tools- More Rum!

Mahalo

There you go! Hell if you look at half of my pics there are beer bottles in them. No that I am an alchy or anything.... I just like beer.......and it relaxes me.

Power on.........and your welcome.

G.

Pages: 1 11 replies