Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Napolean Dynamite

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

I received the DVD for Christmas and I love this movie! Anyone have any moon boots they want to sell me?

We watched it over the weekend for the first time and enjoyed it. Very much a cult type film.

The uncle was a hilarious character and who would love the dance scene.

Eclectic and funny

T

me and the wife LOVE this movie. i think we've watched it 7 or 8 times in the last month. we still laugh just as much everytime we watch it.

Vote for Pedro

Vote for Pedro

Vote for Pedro

Friggin' Sweet!!!!

S

I caught you a delicious bass.

I watched this movie twice on a plane ride to Spain last fall...seriously, one of the funniest movies I've seen in ages.

I was too busy getting my hair cut at the Cuttin' Corral to watch it more than 6 times, twice with commentary on.

You cannot innocently ask anyone in my house, "What are you going to do today?" without somebody shouting out, "Whatever I WANT to do! GOSH!"

Did you watch "Peluca"? The guys messing with the wig for minutes on end in the thrift shop just gets funnier every time.

Two lines that I cannot get out of my head are, "Are you ready to get your groove on?!" (followed by a dull "Yes"), and "Tina! Come eat some ham!"

I'm going to go make an infinity of Boondoggles, so that I can get Pedro's protection, and see more FFA activities... I'd like to see more of that type of thing...

that movie made my hair hot.

there was an article on the local rag about local teens dressing as the napoleon/girl in funny hair/prom dress couple for their dances. neat-o idea for halloween!

also funny about the movie is his "slap and run" maneuver which he uses against the guy razzing him.

On 2005-01-13 15:59, dangergirl299 wrote:
that movie made my hair hot.

Drink some ice water! Don't shave your head, you're too glamorous for the "medieval warrior" wig!

I love in Kip's wedding song when he sings "We met in a chat room, now our love can fully bloom"

T

always and forever, always and forver...

S

Tina, you fat lard!

On 2005-01-14 11:34, sinner wrote:
Tina, you fat lard!

That's the scene! I laughed so hard at that....

S

Heres another:

[ Edited by: sinner on 2005-01-14 14:17 ]

T

"You know I'm studying to be a cage fighter.."

All of you must see this movie right now.

"you're just jealous becuase I've been on the internet all day long chatting with hot babes."

Uncle Rico in his "Joe Namath" attire is more than I can stomache

and if you notice in the background inside the house there is a black "double image" portrait of Kip on the wall. Remember the infamous floating head photos that were so "classy" in the 80's? I used to work for School Pictures, Inc and these were part of the dee-luxe package. I damn near choked when I saw that hanging on the wall!

Gaawwsh!

I love how Uncle Rico wedges his 'Santana' van against the roof of the diner awning, as if he wouldn't stop until he absolutely has to. Uncle Rico's best line: "Grandma fell and broke her coccyx."

Thanks to this movie, I finally know what cargo pants are good for... storin' your tots for later!

I imagine a Napoleon Dynamite party would be easy to cater: hard boiled eggs, chicken coop orange juice (ack!)tots (arranged in little pyramids), corndogs, steaks, and assorted casseroles that Tina rejected.

"Get off of me, bodaggit! You're ruining everybody's lives, and eating all our steak!"

...cheeze-whiz on a triscuit and underwood deviled ham

According to this quiz, I'm Napoleon, and have secret ninja skills...sweet!

http://quizilla.com/users/retromex/quizzes/Which%20Napoleon%20Dynamite%20character%20are%20you%3F/

K

"That's what I'm talkin' about."

"Your mom goes to college" When Kip says that from inside the house it kills me every time!

...LUCKY! Ever take it off any sweet jumps?

[ Edited by: Bamboo Bob on 2005-01-17 06:47 ]

T

one of my favorite lines is "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."

"My lips hurt real bad."

"Worst day of my life, Whattaya think?"

LaFawnduh

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2005-01-23 02:07 ]

I'm a Napolean Dynamite too...I always knew my killer dance moves would take me far in life. Not to mention my knowledge of danged languages.

the actor who played uncle rico was lazlo in 'real genius'...

N

And now you can relive those magic moments online

http://www.collegehumor.com/news/2005-01-20.napoleon.php

There was a rumor I heard floating around that John Heder died recently of a drug overdose.

Friggin' idiots!

we had tots last nite with dinner... mmm... tots...

I just read in Newsweek this morning that someone wrote in asking if "ligers" were real:

On 2005-03-10 10:43, tiki junkman wrote:
There was a rumor I heard floating around that John Heder died recently of a drug overdose.

Friggin' idiots!

snopes to the rescue.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/heder.asp

factoid: the actor who played Pedro as well as Jon Heder both have identical twins! I saw the actor Efren Ramirez being interviewed with his twin. They both spoke lines from ND and it was creepy. The real "Pedro" has grown his hair long and wore it in a pony tail and his brother looked more like the character of Pedro. Efren said they have some kind of twin switcheroo planned for the MTV Movie Awards...

I just saw this about a month ago, what a bust-up!. What makes it even better is when my wife(who hates any kind of goofy movie) does NOT laugh, I bust up even harder just looking at her non reaction.....it makes her shake her head and roll the eyes!.Did this movie start as a series on MTV or what?

I just ran a 3.5 mile St Paddy's Day race in Seattle. Everyone was wearing their race shirt and I wore my "Vote for Pedro"
t-shirt. Received some good laughs from it.

T

my wife found this website for a zoo in reno that has a liger. i thought thwy were just made up for the movie, but apparently they're real. you can see a picture of one here. http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm

tina, come get some ham!

T

J$
That picture is frickin sweet. I'm drawing a pencil sketch of it for you. It took me an hour to do the shading on your upper lip.

On 2005-03-16 08:56, tiki5-0 wrote: you can see a picture of one here. http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm

With the skin tight tiger print pants and BIG hair these cats could be the heavy metal band of the animal kingdom. GRRRR. Even the name "Panthera/leo/tigris" sounds a helluva lot like Pantera.

Here's a picture of "Hobbs" the liger at the Sierra Safari Zoo, in Reno, NV.

(Picture taken by a team of Japanese scientists and our underwater ally, the Loch Ness Monster.)

J
john posted on Wed, May 25, 2005 3:28 AM

you need to get your junk out of my locker, theres no room for my nunchucks

I'm gunna get out my old 10-speed and take it over some sweet jumps...

Pages: 1 2 51 replies