Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

ANNOUNCEMENT: Collecting Tiki Guidelines

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hi All, with the creation of the new Tiki Central house rules, I've also created some guidelines to posting about eBay auctions here in Collecting Tiki.

The guidelines are simply designed to make it easier to identify eBay auctions. I don't expect most people to read and follow the guidelines, so I'm hoping the a few hardcore eBayers (Tikifish, you reading?) set a good example by following the rules. As they do, more and more people will follow them simply by example.

The guidelines are here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/tikicentral/rules.htm#collecting

Any thoughts on the guidelines? Are they too complicated or a pain-in-the-ass?

Post here to let me know!

hanford

In a way its a shame there have to be rules, but the ones you've laid down seem to be fair, and common sense, really.
I think most of us have a good idea of what's acceptable and what isn't, but it's actually nice to have it in writing.

As far as the detail goes, it doesn't appear over-complicated. My only addition would be to point out that religion & politics aren't 100% welcome in the beyond Tiki section. My impression of the 'Beyond Tiki' section is that it should have at least a vague connection to Tiki - like a second cousin to Tiki.

But yep, keep the rules simple & commonsense & I can't see too many complaints.

Trader Woody

G
GECKO posted on Sun, Oct 6, 2002 8:37 PM

No problem. Never seen those rules.
Mahalo

*On 2002-10-06 15:30, Trader Woody wrote:*My only addition would be to point out that religion & politics aren't 100% welcome in the beyond Tiki section.

See, I don't get that becuase, my feeling is if you don't like it, you don't have to read it (Hence why I put "read at own risk" on the topic there).

But yeah, The Beyond Tiki section is not designed to be ANYTHING non-Tiki-related; it should be posted only if you think TCers would be interested in it.

I'll give it a while. Ford had emailed me personally a while back asking if he could post a message about that forum (well, it wasn't exactly that forum, but similar) and I told him yes.

~Hanford

Well, we don't HAVE to read it, but some of us sad-sacks here end up reading pretty much everything, as threads can take paths that veer WAY off the original track!

I don't think politics & religion should be banned from the board as such, but anyone who does post such stuff should be aware that they face the double-whammy of getting stick from those who disagree with their views as well as those who think those views have no place on TC.

Trader Woody

I don't think politics & religion should be banned from the board as such, but anyone who does post such stuff should be aware that they face the double-whammy of getting stick from those who disagree with their views as well as those who think those views have no place on TC.

I agree. If you don't like the topic, then simply don't read it. Restricting what someone is allowed to say and not say is censorship and I don't believe in any form of censorship (you hear that Mad-Tiki).

Regardless of what topics are discussed on TC, people are going to have varying opinions - whether it be religion, politics or what a Mai Tai should taste like. The diversity of personality, knowledge and opinion on this board is why I enjoy it and what makes me come back for more.

S

Hey Hanford, I tried to delete a message thread I started and I did not get the "Delete" check box.

Pages: 1 6 replies