Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Revival in UK Nude Magazine

Pages: 1 12 replies

Aloha!
6 page article in newish UK magazine - NUDE.
Cool, informative article covering all aspects of Tiki, drinks, arts, music and bars including the defunct Butlins and The Beachcomber bar underneath the Mayfair Hotel. Good read and at £1.50, a cheap price! (and no, I am not being sponsored by the mag, honest guv.)

(Think it might be written by our very own Cheekytiki, but could be wrong)?

On 2005-01-13 11:22, TikiSpecs wrote:

(Think it might be written by our very own Cheekytiki, but could be wrong)?

Yeah, it's a nice piece by Cheekytiki. I helped out a bit, but was (as ever)uncredited.

Trader Woody

B

So how can We see it? can you post It??

M

UK mag "NUDE", Tiki, Trader...Woody?

That's good. That's good.

Snap snap, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

midnite

On 2005-01-13 13:19, midnite_tiki wrote:
UK mag "NUDE", Tiki, Trader...Woody?

That's good. That's good.

Snap snap, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

Well I might be tempted to post a couple of CANDID scans.....

Trader Woody

Yea, a good article about time we had bit written on uk the tiki scene

B

A couple scans would be great. You Know we only look at the Articles thogh, right? right.

L

Taken on holliday?

Yes, I did have something to do with it, and I'm sorry you weren't credited for your input Woody, thankyou. Thanks also to Sven, Shag, Vince Ray and others that put something towards it.
I can't stop copies being scanned and posted but I will ask the publisher for a version to post once they are all sold ( I did my piece for nothing so I make no gain) otherwise they can be brought off ebay,
it's a new magazine (issue 5) and needs support.

C

Can I buy "NUDE" magazine off-the- (top) shelf in the UK? If so, where? W.H.Smith's?
Local "PRIVATE" shop?? :wink:

Try Borders

Hey, no worries Cheekytiki, it's just that I've helped out on umpteen of these type of things and have yet to get a mention! I guess helping spread the word of Tiki is my real reward :wink:

I'll hold off on the scans as yes, the mag does need our support. It's very cheap at £1.50, so it's not going to break the bank for anyone.

By the way, those hoping for acres of skin will be disappointed as it's not THAT kind of mag. (Though perhaps we can persuade them, eh?)

Trader Woody

Unbelievably, I just stumbled upon a copy of this issue of NUDE on my lunch break, in a record shop in Baltimore, MD. I wasn't even looking for it.

Very cool...

Pages: 1 12 replies