Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chinese New Year Celebration at Chef Shangri-La

Pages: 1 14 replies

The Chinese "Year of the Rooster" New Years Celebration at Chef Shangri-La in North Riverside, IL will be held on Sunday, February 27th. There will be 2 shows complete with The Dragon Dance at 3pm and 6pm. We have attended for the past few years and can say, without a doubt it's a fabulous time!

These shows will sell out, so make reservations now! Call Chef Shangri-La for reservations or more info at 708-447-7080
See Ya There,
Dave & Coalbe

T

I was born in the year of the Rooster, but how do you cook the darn things?
Tikiboy

What day is the party? February 9th is the Chinese New Year.

On 2005-01-26 11:15, freddiefreelance wrote:
What day is the party? February 9th is the Chinese New Year.

Yes, you are indeed correct...Chinese New Year is February 9th, The celebration is on the 27th due to the fact that they had to coordinate with the dancers' schedule. The Dragon Dancers are a bunch of young Oriental kids who all seem to be related to Paul & Susan (the owners). They are all part of a dance school up on the north side of Chicago.
Also, we would like to let everyone know who may be attending, that The Chef has a new menu with some Fabulous new dishes.
Hope to See Ya There!
Dave & Coalbe

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge on 2005-01-26 15:04 ]

B

Duke, Logan and I will be there. The Chef is always a good time, and the Chinese New Year celebration they have is very cool. I hope we see a bunch of Tiki Central folks there.
-Amy

D

On 2005-02-09 10:33, boutiki wrote:
Duke, Logan and I will be there. The Chef is always a good time, and the Chinese New Year celebration they have is very cool. I hope we see a bunch of Tiki Central folks there.
-Amy

Do you have anymore of the Tiki Quest books? I'm going to the Chef at 3pm and would love to get one.

B
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.