Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Tiki Royale's tasy Aloha Room, Belmont, CA (home-bar)

Pages: 1 3 replies

Name:Tiki Royale's tasy Aloha Room
Type:home-bar
Street:
City:Belmont
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
I had the pleasure of spending New Years Eve at the home of my good pals Tiki Royale (aka Shep) & his fabulous wife Angie, along with friends Anitra & Mark & their wee son Charlie.
We used to be neighbors in Belmont, but I moved away almost 2 years ago & havent seen the new & improved Aloha Room since then.

Besides the warm hospitality, great company, tasy food & copius amounts of booze provided by the Royales, the Aloha Room is quite the site to see!
Again, I've been away for a while & my entire collection STILL sits in storage, so it was so darn nice to reach out & touch tiki again in person! (sniff)
The Aloha Room used to occupy a small nook in the upstairs sun room. Shep has since moved it downstairs, where he is lucky enough to have a mostly unused family/rumpus room. He has totally transformed it into a tropical oasis where one can escape to sip tasty rum drinks, listen to vintage vinyl & ogle Mr. Royale's fine collection of tiki & hawaiiana.
Best of all, he mixed up some sexy Sidewinder Fang's with a recipe from the long gone Lanai in San Mateo!
WOOHOO!!
Last time I had one of those was when the Lanai was actually still open!
*(Shep- next time I will bring a large fishbowl glass so we can suck 'em up authentic style!)

Here are the pics that came out. Sadly, I didnt get good pics of the whole room & gladly, no pics of me:

Your Host, Tiki Royale.

Your hostess Mrs. Royale & the lovely Anitra.(R-L)

The Royale rurats: Nate & Wes looking all cute-n-cuddly.

Mr Royale & Anitra's husband Mark.

Mixing up those Sidewinder Fangs!

Da bar

A little more..

still more..

If you ever get a chance to visit, I reccomend it highly!
Many thanks for a great time, guys!

[ Edited by: bigbadtikidaddy on 2005-01-15 18:20 ]

[ Edited by: bigbadtikidaddy on 2005-01-15 21:49 ]

Awww shucks BBTD.
Aloha,
:tiki:

The place looks great! When's the next shindig? I'll try not to break anything.

[ Edited by: tikitortured on 2005-01-22 10:42 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies