Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Um....Ouch!

Pages: 1 26 replies

D
H

I suppose he truly got the point though didn't he.

H

"I can't get it out of my head" - ELO

B

He Hit the nail on the head too. His work said he was the Head Nailer too
Zoom in the pic and see his dentist friend will have his hands full with his wisdom teeth soon too.

Quote from the end of the article:

"He's the luckiest guy, ever."

Just imagine what they must say about all those really really ultra-lucky people who go through life without nails getting shot into their brains!

Did you see that article about the woman who was trapped in the California mudslide for 3 days, and the rescuers said she was the luckiest woman in the world?

I'd say getting blown down a hillside and trapped in mud for three days would be an indicator of bad luck, myself.

T

I've seen stories like this where people were shot or stabbed or nail-gunned and they didn't even know it. So he didn't notice a nail in the roof of his mouth? What about the nail's head? Wasn't there a hole to feel with his tongue? All I can guess is that he was REALLY drunk on the job to not feel this one.

I'm sure there are thousands of people who've gotten nailed and didn't remember it happening...

A

I've seen stories like this where people were shot or stabbed or nail-gunned and they didn't even know it.

My "friend" in 6th grade shot me in the leg with a BB gun. I felt something but didn't realize what it was until I rolled my sock down later and saw the little hole.

-Randy

I'm still trying to figure out how the nail got in the roof of his mouth. When a guy at work shot himself in the foot, he sure as hell knew he he had a nail in his foot.

Those guns have a double safety. You have to depress the front of the gun before the trigger can be pulled.

My theories are he was horseing around and put the gun in his mouth and accidentally depressed the end without realising he had pressure on the trigger.

OR he was trying to kill himself with the nail gun.

I'm waiting for the details on this one. How does one not notice either the head of a nail, or a hole in the roof of your mouth? Really, has anybody ever chipped a tooth, or just bit their cheek hard enough to make an abrasion? You notice that stuff for days. And the smallest chip feels like you've taken a boulder sized chunk out of your tooth.

I'm just being my skeptical self on this one.

I just saw an article saying he's been handed a 100,000 dollar medical tab.

Now thats what really hurts!
TG

S

It's actually pretty easy to get yourself with one of those things. Most people keep the trigger pulled constantly so that all you have to do is touch the gun where you want the nail and it goes off. YOu can work much faster that way. I have had numerous close calls, when shifting weight or losing balance, or swatting a bee, will cause you to swing the gun around abruptly and you just graze something like a boot, leg, or in this case your jaw, and WHAM!!

A buddy of mine got on David Lettermans Show and Tell segment a few months ago because he had an X-ray of his hand with a nail thru it.
Dave was well impressed.

Like I said, I've had close calls but have never actually been shot. At least not that I know of. ...I have had this nagging pain in my ass lately that keeps....
...I gotta go, my wife told me to get back to work.

The x-ray from the guy at work looked fake, as if someone had laid a nail across an x-ray of a foot. Right dead center in the heal.

TG

K

I just saw an article saying he's been handed a 100,000 dollar medical tab

I wonder how long it will take for that guy to list the nail on Ebay.

D

Jeez, you woulda figured that he would cut his balls off in front of all his rugby friends at the bar. Going home and doing it and then bringing them back? That's anticlimactic...no pun intended.

"Police told the paper he had a history of mental problems."

ya think?

Back to the nail story, nail guns often double fire if you don't get off the trigger fast enough and the second nail bounces off the first, I have been hit hard in the face by the second nail and now wear safety glasses but I can almost see it bouncing into his mouth...almost. I nailed my thumb to a 2x4 on a double shot, knew right away that I was shot! Using a set of tools for years, and not always with both feet on the ground, in a hurry, mad or hung over, distracted, too hot, too cold, sooner or later your gonna get hurt.

Smokey the Bear says "Only you can prevent Lame Ass Table Saw injuries". This was last friggin Saturday.

Doesnt really compare with a nail in your brain....

Shit Monk,
Was this a cut or a dismembered?

At least you didn't drop a 3x6 foot sheet of 3/4 inch plywood on your feet from about three feet up in the air.

That happened to the same guy who shot himself in the foot with the nail gun at my work. Feet started to turn black instantly.

that guy is nuts or should i say he had nuts.

K
Kono posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 9:06 AM

On 2005-02-10 12:10, rodeotiki wrote:
that guy is nuts or should i say he had nuts.

Along the same lines...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4253849.stm

In response to Kono's article... Why on earth would she try to swollow them? Talk about a "nut" job!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-02-11 10:04 ]

M
Moki posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 10:04 AM

Monkeyman,
Oooowwwwiiieeee!! Hope you're okay.

Are you totally grossing out the kids with this?
:wink:

frankenfinger.

I was thinking about having some little bolts installed in the sides of my finger for the full effect.

H

I wonder how long it will take this guy to put his testicles on ebay.

Pages: 1 26 replies