Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

tiki island hawaii vacation rental in kona hawaii

Pages: 1 18 replies

T

ALOHA TIKI TRAVELERS I have just opened my KAILUA-KONA O'HANA VACATION RENTAL on the BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII called TIKI ISLAND HAWAII. Located 850 feet above the Sea with a View of the Pacific Ocean and Harbor Cruise Ships. TIKI ISLAND HAWAII VACATION RENTAL includes a Front Room, Complete Kitchen, Bed Room with CALIFORNIA KING SIZE BED, Bath Room, Large Pool & Lanai with Ocean View and a Wild Collection of TIKI and HAWAIIANA Artifacts from TIKI MUGS & ORIGINAL CARVINGS to DISNEYLAND TIKI ROOM POSTERS and MARY BLAIR Art from Disney World's Polynesian Resort Village Vintage and TRAVEL POSTERS and MAPS and WAY MORE! .
Located 10 Miles from The Kona Airport, 15 Miles from the TIKI HISTORICAL PLACE OF REFUGE, 2 Miles from a DON THE BEACHCOMBER MAI TAI, and 90 Miles from FLOWING HOT LAVA.
As my GUEST you can get insider information on Local Antique Shops, and Big Island TIKI Carvers to add to your own TIKI PAD. I can direct you to Special Out of the Way Beaches with underground Lava Tubes that you can swim in, or a Gilligan's Island Private Lagoon, The BIG ISLAND of HAWAII is a New Adventure each Day!
Please CHECK OUT my New WEB PAGE that gives you more details and rates:
My WEB PAGE to TIKI ISLAND HAWAII features Animated ART by SHAG and PHOTOS by BOOK OF TIKI Author SVEN KIRSTEN.
Go To:
http://tikiislandhawaii.com/index.html
If you want to enter THE MUSEUM OF TIKI please contact me to get the Entrance PASSWORD & CODE.
Please CHECK OUT my WEB PAGES and let me know what you think. And Take A TRIP TO HAWAII on a TIKI EXPEDITION, Your TIKIS will THANK YOU....MAHALO !!
-TIKIDuG

T

Welcome Dug! I was wondering how long it was gonna take you to post here......

All TC'ers - Dug is the man. He is the one responsible for introducing me to Tiki many years ago (sorry Sven). And before I knew how much I liked Tiki, I foolishly gave Dug this fine specimen as a gift, back when I worked at Trader Joe's...

It worked out OK, as he eventually let me aquire a pretty cool Disneyland prop I was after - but man, looking at that Tiki I gave away hurts..... Dug & I used to work for the evil mouse together!

Anyway - if any of you are in his neck of the woods, I'm sure he will be a fine host! He's a hell of a guy...

Alright kids, consider these points:

1.) As far as the Hawaiian Islands are concerned, the BIG Island is IT. Not only can you snorkle with the turtles right by the City of Refuge (Tiki Temple), but Kona is kool. And Mount Kilauea. And Hilo.

2.) Dug Miller is an original contributor to the BOT (see dedication page, right after Jeff Berry), and he is IN the know.

3.) His collection (Museum) that you will get to see is mind-boggling in quality and quantity.

I am looking forward to stay there again soon. I fear I am responsible for Dug moving there.

NOW is the time to go to de islands. Cheap fares and THIS destination make a tempting combo...I almost talked myself into it!

R

Wow , if I stayed there I would never want to leave. Thanks for sharing, I am going to forward this to friend who a planning a trp right now.

wow that is an awesome rate for what you get. my parents have a couple condos there which do NOT have disney or shag art or cool retro furnishings, and their price is higher! (unless you're related to them, that is...)

keep in mind that the locals call the nearby Magic Sands beach Tragic Sands because of all the accidents there - the heavy waves like to crash pale shakbait tourists onto the sharp rocks! grab a six pack of beer, sit on the sand, stay OUT of the water and you'll get quite a show (and maybe quite a sun burn)!

But drive a little more down the coast, and you have what is to me THE best spot in the Hawaiian Islands:
The cove next to the City of Refuge, where you can snorkel with the giant turtles and see lots of other tropical fishies AND see the Tikis standing around the temple when you pop out of the water. I love that place. I wanna go there right now. Ayyyyy...

Doug knows all the spots, including the lava battle field/burial ground where the last Hawaiian warrior priest of the old religion fought and lost to the forces of the new Christian faith.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-02-02 12:06 ]

place of refuge is a great place to go. I would feel weird snorkeling there because you're RIGHT NEXT to the Kapu area and it's pretty crowded.

I have a good lead from some friends who live in the area that you rent a kayak a mile or so from Place of Refuge and kayak to the Captn Cook monument area which is not really accessible except by the water (very steep hike down a cliff otherwsie); not many people go to this area and as you kayak you are surrounded by dolphins, then the Captn Cook spot is a nice, secluded and CALM place to snorkel.

I haven't had a chance to do this yet but I really want to!

RB

Snorkeling by Capt. Cook Monument...at Kealakekua Bay...is awesome. Though tour boats do run there a few times a day, so it's completely secluded.

My wahine and I had the pleasure of meeting Dug about 3 weeks ago. I can't speak highly enough about how friendly Dug is and how knowledgable he is about tiki. I have seen his house and rental apartment and they are the best. Great place and fantatsic views. And this man has THE inside knowledge of Hawaii.

I wouldn'tstay anywhere else on da big island.

we just got back from a trip to da Big Island and i must say it was AMAZING! so many things to do: We took some amazing photos at the Place of Refuge, Rainbow Falls, the volcano(s) and many of the petroglyphs. Even went horeseback riding through the open plains on one of the local ranches. Its amazing and I recommend everyone sohuld check it out at least once in their lifetime! Snorkeling with the turtles and all the other amazing sealife-yes, even eels...)was breathtaking!we even some some ink done to commemorate the trip! Next time, WE'RE STAYING AT THIS PLACE! great job!

Stayed with Dug last month.

Absolutely recommended.

He's a great host and his collection is indeed astounding.

[ Edited by: tikibars 2006-10-16 13:09 ]

The wife and I just returned from a wonderful stay at "Tiki Island". Dug has the finest Tiki collection I have ever seen and was a great host. It looks like we will be returning to the big island soon for my wife's cousins weddings and we are all ready looking forward to staying at tiki island again.

/I know this is an old thread but it needed a bump anyway.

I

Found this video of Tiki Island - looks fantastic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjfhveb9VgY

And the website is wonderful too .....
http://www.tikiislandhawaii.com/index.html

THE place to stay in Kona!

K

Having a tour in hawaii is the best relaxing, I have link here that can give you big savings for you tour. https://hawaiitours.com/

On 2005-02-02 12:31, dangergirl299 wrote:
place of refuge is a great place to go. I would feel weird snorkeling there because you're RIGHT NEXT to the Kapu area and it's pretty crowded.

I have a good lead from some friends who live in the area that you rent a kayak a mile or so from Place of Refuge and kayak to the Captn Cook monument area which is not really accessible except by the water (very steep hike down a cliff otherwsie); not many people go to this area and as you kayak you are surrounded by dolphins, then the Captn Cook spot is a nice, secluded and CALM place to snorkel.

I haven't had a chance to do this yet but I really want to!

The only thing about kayaking to the Capt. Cook Monument is that you have to tromp across the coral reef to drag your kayak on shore to go snorkeling. Not really good for the reef. There were tourists eating lunch and sunbathing at the base of the monument which seemed a little disrespectful. I don't think all of the kayakers take their trash with them judging by some of the refuse around the shore area.
We ended up taking a small tour boat which also took us to the Place of Refuge-I think it was Sea Quest and they did a great job of getting us there, fed us some light snacks, and were respectful to the reef and the sea creatures.

M

I checked the youtube and the website. The website is no longer available. I can't find out how to contact him.
Laura

AT

On 2011-10-27 17:25, mymotiki wrote:
I checked the youtube and the website. The website is no longer available. I can't find out how to contact him.
Laura

ALOHA Check your messages - sent you a contact # for Doug the owner, not sure if he wants that # public or not.

Pages: 1 18 replies