Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Vic's Cover Art Gallery

Pages: 1 13 replies

V

Aloha everybody. I finally got around to posting a
Cover Art Gallery on my site. There's over one hundred scans available for your viewing pleasure.

Vic

Hey Vic,
This is great for reference.
Thanks for making the effort!

S

nice work Vic.
Mucho mahalos!

Many mahalos for your efforts. I could look at album covers all day.

T

Nice work! Thanks for posting these.
What's with Yma Sumac over the kettle? Looks like she's hurling.

Vic,
Many thanks for the hard work! It is a great tool for reference when looking for exotica and polynesian LPs!!

Nice job vegasvic!! The gallery is very comprehensive. That is one of the best collection of Exotica album covers on the web!! Ya Hoooo!

Jeff

WOW! An impressive gallery to say the least!
I enjoyed it fully.

Indeed, another site to spend an afternoon with... and to bookmark for future reference.

Oh, and Telefunken - welcome to TC.
...wish I could afford to "buy you" (U47 is a rare and expensive vintage microphone, people!).

T

Welcome TFU47. Are you the same TFU47 from FARK.com?

Thanks for the warm reception!
And it's good to know someone who knows their audio equipment!
Analog is where it's at!

And to answer the question about if I am the same person on fark. I am not the person who uses that name on fark.

I chose this name based on its usage on most of the LP's I listen to plus it's stature in the professional audio world.

KK

And here I thought it was just a Zappa reference.

V

Thanks everybody. I'm sure as you go through them you'll be able to tell that these are assembled from 4 separate scans (my poor photoshop skills are more noticeable in some than in others). Eventually I'll splurge on a used Microtek XL scanner, but until then please excuse the seams. I'll update regularly.

Listen to Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge
Visit Vic's Site

[ Edited by: vegasvic on 2005-01-21 08:23 ]

Keep up the great work!

I believe that album art has become a lost art.
due to the size of a CD and the fact that anything that comes out anymore has a picture of the artist on the cover and nothing imaginative or inventive.

I love the cool and unusual LP art from the past.

Pages: 1 13 replies