Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Stanley Wilson exotica

Pages: 1 3 replies

S

I picked up a record a few months ago that I'm just getting around to listening to, and am pleasantly suprised. It's called Pagan Love, exotic instrumentals by Stanley Wilson. A few of the tracks on this record are top notch exotica, and some are bit shmaltzy, but all in all it's a good one.
Does any one have this, or are there other more Stanley Wilson records like this?

I have that. It’s a mixed bag.
The tracks that I like are: the Sing-Sing, Zulu Love Magic, Kandy Wedding and Turkana Love Dance.
Overall most tracks have a nice 50s soundtrack type of sound. Really puts pictures in your head.

KK

On 2005-01-17 15:21, seamus wrote:

Does any one have this, or are there other more Stanley Wilson records like this?

The Stanley Wilson album is one of my favorites. Not a total gem but some very nice tracks album called indeed. Believe it or not the "Pagan Love" album is a reissue by Capitol Records of a soundtrack album originally released as "The Mating Urge." It was released in 1958 on International Records catalog # LP-7777. There are 2 tracks on this album that do not appaer on the Capitol issue of Pagan Love. They are the theme title and another track whose name eludes me at the moment. Anybody else have any information on Stanley Wilson? He also did the soundtracks for Lost Man, M-Squad, Shotgun Slade and Wagon Train.

Jeff

K

Interesting informatin, Jeff, thanks. You wonder why they reissued it & left off a few tracks. I mean, if they were trying to do a "tamer" version, I could understand, but the cover of Pagan Love is still mighty suggestive. I enjoy this LP pretty much for those tracks already listed.

Pages: 1 3 replies