Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Fender Hula Esquire

Pages: 1 4 replies

Following in the wake of last year's Shag posters and guitars and Freddie Traveres tiki mug, Fender's new catalog features a stunning Hula Esquire:

Both the guitar and amp are covered in leather, hand-tooled to give the appearance of carved wood and bamboo.

Simply amazing. Presumably, this'll be on display at Fender's booth at nex week's NAMM show in Anaheim ... and TC'ers go an "in" ...?

P

tikiconvert is there this week working for Ampeg.

Wow! That's one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen.
In regard to Shag: I didn't know anything about Shag doing work for Fender until two days ago when I was at a music store in Concord, NH and my girlfriend saw the Shag Fender Tiki tee-shirt and bought it for me. Oddly and coincidentally enough, I was there buying "tiki-convert" his Christmas present (Wedding bands have their Christmas parties late)
I'm going to call "tiki-convert" and tell him to check out that guitar if it's there. I'm probably going to get a nice picture of it and hang it somewhere in my studio. Thanks for showing us that.

On 2005-01-18 11:40, Captain Morgan wrote:
Wow! That's one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen.
In regard to Shag: I didn't know anything about Shag doing work for Fender until two days ago when I was at a music store in Concord, NH and my girlfriend saw the Shag Fender Tiki tee-shirt and bought it for me. Oddly and coincidentally enough, I was there buying "tiki-convert" his Christmas present (Wedding bands have their Christmas parties late)
I'm going to call "tiki-convert" and tell him to check out that guitar if it's there. I'm probably going to get a nice picture of it and hang it somewhere in my studio. Thanks for showing us that.

He also did a free pull-out poster in last year's Frontline (Fender magazine-sized catalog), a scan of which I psoted elsewhere) and did two Telecasters, one tiki-themed and one a mambo/calypso theme. Both done in Hawaiian koa wood.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jan 19, 2005 2:10 AM

I am definitely no muso, but that is a thing of beauty!

Worth the admission price for the eye candy factor alone.

Pages: 1 4 replies