Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Attention Ohio (and nearby states) Tiki-philes (Edited: New site is up!)

Pages: 1 17 replies

K

Announcing the formation of "The Fraternal Order of Moai"!

A new community message board is up and in the early stages of it's development. We hope to grow and become the primary spot on the net for organizing the Ohio (and close neighbors)tiki ohana, as well as forming a real life social club.

We would like to organize some large tiki events, hold regular get togethers, take some road trips to destinations of interest in our area, and just generally get out there and meet each other and have some fun.

The long range and ultimate intent of the forum is to be the means through which is created a modern Fraternal Order with a central focus on tiki culture and classic fraternal and masonic organizations. Please read more about these and other goals on the forum.

For now the forum is free-hosted, but we will have a website set up to attach it to in time.

Visit us at:

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org

Some TC members have already joined up, and we just had our first meet and greet at Chisel Slinger's home bar here in Kahiki Ohio. It was truly a great time with members from Pittsburgh driving in to hang out with us Columbus folk.

So if you are in Central Ohio or near enough to want to be a part of this, then please come join the Order of Moai and meet up with us at the next event!

There is plenty of tiki right in your backyard. Come and find it!

Thanks for reading,

KuKuAhu

Fraternal Order of Moai

[ Edited by: Ku Ku Ahu on 2005-02-02 15:48 ]

Bump!

Bump, my ass...

What happened? It's gone!

K

On 2005-01-24 13:09, the75stingray wrote:
Bump, my ass...

What happened? It's gone!

Heh heh heh! We are fine Stingray, just had some server mess going on. Haven't seen you in a coupla days. Stop on in and have a read, there's lot's of new topics.

Sorry if anyone tried to visit in the last 18 hours or so. Everything is currently back online.

Ahu

Whew! I feel much better now. Thanks!

i'm trying right now but i keep getting
'"ERROR" 400 whats that all about now? TD

K

We are having trouble once again with Luxserv. It's been fine all day today up until about an hour ago. I'm contemplating moving the whole thing once it is back up again. Hang in there. I'm sure it will work itself out.

Again, it isn't just the forum, it is the host's entire network. And it isn't the same problem as yesterday, though it may be related.

Ahu

Yep, David, Ahu, I'm gettin' that same depressing error message.

Lets hope they get the kinks worked out...and soon!

It has been very exciting to talk with a smaller, more localized group in hopes of getting a cool, tiki gathering like the West Coast crowd does all the time.

Crossing my fingers...

K

It's really no big deal. I chalk it up to growing pains. We'll be fine. Once Luxserv comes back online (or even if it does not come back online) the Fraternal Order of Moai will continue. If we have to pull up stakes and move then we will.

Hell, if we have to move a dozen times, then we will. Obviously there is interest, and frankly there's more of it than I thought there would be. So I've got no qualms about working it until we get together. I don't want to be free hosted anyway. This just motivates me to build a proper site and attach a forum to it.

No sweat.

Ahu

NO problem,i'm cool, TD

K

Finally tracked down the person in charge of the whole Luxserv mess. Turns out to be (laugh) a kid. He sounds like he's about sixteen. I'll say this for him, he put together a nice little automated fourm hosting service. Problem is, he doesn't bother to check in on it much.

So, we got it all worked out (unless he forgets and goes back to playing Xbox or somethin') and he said he'd get us moved onto a functioning server.

In the meantime, we'll just wait and see. I'm gonna get with some of our members and see about getting a site set up of our own.

I have no problem with this kid and his hosting, but I'm gonna need support, and he just won't be able to supply it I'm afraid.

Well, this isn't really tiki related anymore now, so I'm gonna sign off. Any members that read this, just hang in there and if we are not online soon, make sure to send me your email address along with your username from the FOM so I can keep you abreast of any moves.

Ahu

D'oh, still dead in the water.

Ugh! I hope it comes back up. I miss the forum.

K

Okay FOM members,

I've got a web host in mind, and I'm plowing my way through Frontpage tutorials. I need all the help and support I can get right now, so I set up a temporary FOM on Yahoo groups to get us in touch with each other again more easily.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Moai/

I really want to see as many of you as possible over there so I can stop clogging up TC with FOM related junk. So if you were a member on the FOM forum, please pop in to the Yahoo group and make sure I have as much contact info from you as possible. Include your FOM member name as well to make it easy on me.

Let's try to keep it together there and I'll get something on the web as soon as I am physically able. It's gonna be ugly at first since my web design skills are going to be primitive for a while, but it'll be ours and we'll have a domain of our own.

I really appreciate all of the emails and posts here. It's nice to know that all of you miss the forum as much as I do, and I'm sorry that it has gone down in such a short time.

Again, I do not have contact info for some of you, so if you were a member and you want to be a part of a better attempt at this, do not let me lose track of you. Even those of you who only posted once, or had just signed up when it went down. Get in touch with me ASAP. I need a headcount.

We will be back online. That is a promise.

Ahu

K

Last thing,

If you were thinking of joining, but didn't sign up prior to the meltdown, please contact me on the yahoo group. I will be able to keep you abreast of the status of our efforts more easily that way.

Ahu

K

Alright kids, this is it...

I went and got us our own domain and the new forum is up and running. Got a gallery too (though it's mostly empty at the moment). You cannot access the main page, so mind the forum's "/huimalu" sub tag at the end of the URL at the bottom of this post.

The main page is however, being created as we speak thanks to FOM member Yertikimom. We should see a clean, simple, and nice looking FOM homepage and then website very soon (in fact, musch sooner than expected). Together we have been able to go from concept to execution in a matter of hours. We seem to work well together. I expect to have help from Savage Hi-Fi soon as well.

We are still trying to get the old free hosted site back up, but when it does come online it will be locked by me. I'm going to try to retrieve as much old content as possible and either bring it to the new forum, or archive it on the new site. I'm locking it just so nobody posts new threads there. Cowtown and I will clean it out and then torch the place. No artifacts will be left behind.

So stop in to the new digs, register, and let us know how ya been. Those of you who were already members on the old site have avatars patiently waiting for your arrival.

See you there,

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

[ Edited by: Ku Ku Ahu on 2005-02-02 15:50 ]

K

Main page is up and running at:

Gallery and Forum links are active, others are not yet. Should have them up soon.

Mahalo,

Ahu

we're back! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 17 replies