Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

the snail slurper Virani is coming to california in late March

Pages: 1 45 replies

V

I have my ticket, I'm coming with my wife the 25th of March in LA, I'll then be picked up by Monkeyman the 31th to San Francisco for the SF crawl.

I'm available for some tiki action in LA (and probably an evening in San Diego).

I'd like to have a burlesque show, a King Kukulele concert, cocktails at tiki-ti, ribs at Bahooka, lamprey's eating with Tangaroa, lots of tiki mugs, records...

And it will be my birthday (ok, its the 22nd, but well...)

Great news! You will experience true tikifaction. Don't forget the Lagoon Room. Perhaps there will be a Tiki Taix on the night you arrive, if you are not too jetlagged.

[ Edited by: floratina on 2005-01-19 17:55 ]

Vroom vroom.

We will see to it that you get around and see some stuff.

mmmmm,......snails.
Got oysters?

M

Great to have you out Virani! Formidable!

On 2005-01-19 14:32, virani wrote:
I'd like to have a burlesque show, a King Kukulele concert, cocktails at tiki-ti, ribs at Bahooka, lamprey's eating with Tangaroa, lots of tiki mugs, records...

And that's just the first night!

You still got the book/manuscript/xerox copy? How Daddy Became a Beachcomber? Who gets it next? Curious minds wana know.

hey virani, in the interest of international relations, here are a couple names translated to your mother tongue:

le sabu le garçon de la noix de coco
le poisson du tiki
homme de singe
anguille
docteur z
bunga d'unga

i'm sure there are many more, but this was a little berlitz moment.

amour, jean franc

With an itinery like that already there'll be no fun left for when I go over in May

M

Virani & I were talking about doing a San Diego Mini Crawl with a few TC'ers if he makes it down this way. Keep an eye on this thread for more info.

Oh, and Cheeky... Don't sweat it. There's plenty of fun to be had here in California.

On 2005-01-21 05:51, Johnny Dollar wrote:
hey virani, in the interest of international relations, here are a couple names translated to your mother tongue:

le sabu le garçon de la noix de coco
le poisson du tiki
homme de singe
anguille
docteur z
bunga d'unga

i'm sure there are many more, but this was a little berlitz moment.

amour, jean franc

Then I'm Frédéric Indépendant!

Let me be the first San Diegan to chime in with a hearty Welcome to Republicanland. I'll keep an eye on this thread, and hope to welcome Virani at the Bali Hai.

tiki effronté

On 2005-01-21 08:57, cheekytiki wrote:
tiki effronté

:) :) :)

Don't leave without trying the freedom fries.

Jeez, when I did my big Tiki tour of California (Actually just SF), Tiki Central was just a twinkle in Hanford's eye. :(
Talk about going there blind!

There certainly seems to be more on the agenda these days - perhaps it's time for a return journey......

Trader Woody

M

Come back Woody!!

V

On 2005-01-21 00:07, RevBambooBen wrote:
You still got the book/manuscript/xerox copy? How Daddy Became a Beachcomber? Who gets it next? Curious minds wana know.

No, I sent it to vintagegirls boyfriend who received it, but I don't know if he finished it or what...

Cool!- missed the post. Have fun here in Tiki Meca-ville soon!!!!

T

Hey Mr. and Mrs. Virani,

You are invited to stay in our new house in Long Beach if you don't mind some Baby girl crying (She should be born by March 11, but she rather seems to be in a hurry.)
Hope it,s not too cold and rainy in France!
Be brave, March is coming.

Tikifrog

V

On 2005-01-27 15:33, Tikifrog wrote:
Hey Mr. and Mrs. Virani,

You are invited to stay in our new house in Long Beach if you don't mind some Baby girl crying (She should be born by March 11, but she rather seems to be in a hurry.)
Hope it,s not too cold and rainy in France!
Be brave, March is coming.

Tikifrog

Merci my dear friend. I'll bring you some good french food, you must be starving in this country !!

Aloha Virani,
Looking forward to meeting you at Le Crawl!
:tiki:

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.