Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Seeking Cocktail Connoisseur's in NY, Miami, Philly

Pages: 1 3 replies

B

Sorry this isn't really JUST Tiki related.

This is Baby Doe from Tiki News. I am going to NYC, Miami, Philly for work next week and I am looking to interview people on the subject of alcohol! Yes, this is the perfect list to post to! I am not looking for just Tiki people for this (my work would get suspicious!) so please forward to friends and family. See all the details below and THANKS!

I would like to know:

1. What are the coolest/hippest/most interesting bars right now in NYC, Miami (this is for work so it can be expensive)?
  2. Can you recommend an interesting place that sales wine/alcohol??
  3. If you want me to pay YOU - see if you fit the below!

XOXO Baby Doe

International Design firm IDEO (www. ideo.com) is now booking interviews in and around New York, Philadelphia and Miami on the subject of alcohol.  

Dates of interviews:
New York: January 25th-28th
Philly: January 27th-28th
Miami: February 2nd-4th

We are booking three types of interviews in all three cities:
1 hour in-home, in-store/on-site interviews one-on-one (pays $100)
2 hour in-home interviews with two friends (pays $150 for host and  $50 to each friend). Friends will need to fill out a short questionnaire to make sure they qualify.

You must be within this specific age range to take part in this interview: 24-29 AND 45-60 years old (except where noted)

Types of people we seek!

• You are new to drinking (you are new to wine, new to spirit etc, like a recent switch from beer)

• You currently throw parties weekly at your home (Gourmet Dinner parties, Desperate Housewife Parties, etc)

•  You are a veteran bartender who has really honed your craft and has lots of shortcuts (any age ok for this one. can we interview you at the bar??)

• You are a cop or taxi  driver (any age ok for this one)

•  You are currently working as a bouncer (any age ok for this one)

• You work at Champagne bar OR Oxygen bar (any age ok for this one)

• you love cocktails and your combined income is at least $200k

• You live outside NY in the 'burbs'

General user profile:  (PLEASE FILL THIS OUT!)
Name:
Home Phone/Cell Phone:
Address:
Do you live in urban or suburban environment?
E-mail:
Ethnicity:
Income range (combine if  married):
Married/Single/Divorced:
Children:
Do  children live with you:
Hobbies:
How do you fit in above criteria?
Do you have a Tiki Bar in your home (ok if you do not!)

We will be setting up interviews throughout the day and evening.
What time of day can you do this interview?

We are unable to send a reply to everyone (we will try!) if  we feel that you are a good fit for this interview we will send you an e-mail  or call you.

Thank you for your time,
Dorinda
[email protected]

Hey Babydoe,

How can I get a job like yours? :D

On 2005-01-19 17:51, babydoe wrote:
I am looking to interview people on the subject of alcohol! Yes, this is the perfect list to post to!

Hey! Them thar are drinkin words partner.

Doe - I will forward to my brother in Philly. He and his wife worked in bars before they had kids, and they have friends there who own a very cool bar. They are NOT 'new to drinking' Also - Pennsylvania has some archaic liquor laws, all booze and wine is sold in State Stores, and beer at distributors, a lot of the nicer restaurants have started a BYOB policy, to circumvent the over priced state policies.
It's madness I tell you...

Pages: 1 3 replies