Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Pirates of Caribbean Ride part 2????

Pages: 1 9 replies

Since I am kinda a Disney geek, I read up on several of the "rumor" sites. You'd be amazed at how often they are right are darn close.

Anyways, this was REALLY interesting to me... and I know that many of you like Pirates and Disney.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1263

This would be so cool. Wouldn't chnage the historical value of the original ride, yet still provide a potentially kick ass update.

Give it a read.

Erich

That would be way cool.

Disney should alsways strive to not be static.

Change, well thought out, is at the heart of what Walt would have dug. IMO.

Thanks for the link!

D

That's a great idea! How fun would it be to go on the ride twice in a day,but have it be a different experience at night.Certainly would be cost effective.

POTC is my fave ride ever, and I think this is a great idea. I thought it was actually more egregious to change the maiden-chasing scene than to make this addition. As long as they don't change the original any more.

Pirates is one of my favorites rides at D-land. (one in 3 of the "holy trinity" of pirates, tiki room, and haunted, with Indiana running a close 4th). when mr. smiley and I were there in december, we hit the entrance at exactly the stroke of midnight when the park closes; I was shocked the guy let us in (he seemed very reluctant but forced a "YES we're still open - ENJOY your ride!" through gritted teeth).

we were the only ones on the ride. that made it super scary!

what I don't like about going in december is they change Haunted and Small World to reflect the season. so now I have to go back again later in the year to see them in the original incarnations. So, I like the idea of Pirates being original during the day and changing at night - it's time they make Pirates more scary.

It's a kinda fun idea - but no way would Ops down at the park let them do that... "Resetting" the ride (yeah - in half hour - sure.....) would mess up thier hourly capacity - -the numbers by which theme park rides live or die.....

Jim is a friend of mine - but I'm afraid this rumor is just that - a rumor....

I don't follow Disney stuff at all, but doesn't it seem a possibility if they simply divert the boats to another path? The switch-over thing sounded suspect from the start, but if they physically have the space, I don't see why they couldn't do something like this. Perhaps just an AA or two would be revealed somewhere earlier in the ride to signal the change, which wouldn't be too difficult.
Still, a cool idea.

T

Don't misinderstand me - it is possible... I just will believe it when I see it. Disneyland has long been the most difficult of all the parks to get a new attraction or upgrade into - the Ops managers fight it pretty hard usually... But hey - could happen.... Especially if the "Curse Of The Black Pearl" sequels now in production are as successful as the first one. The version of Pirates being built in Hong Kong is going to be almost entirely based around the film, as opposed to the classic ride....

There have been soooooo many ideas that never make it off the drawing board there - I'd still be surprised if this one does...

S

I think that this is actually a really good idea and I hope that they go through with it.

Pages: 1 9 replies