Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Time for Real Tiki Presdential Party; Presidents Weekend at the Kon Tiki in Tucson AZ Feb 19

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

I loved the $5 and $6 dollar price of the tiki cocktails, half of the cost of those on the Trader Vics or Tiki Ti menu.

True, most of Kon Tiki's cocktails are sweet - however, the Lunch Box Special, a Kon Tiki secret, is much less so.

On 2005-02-25 10:56, SON OF MOTHRA wrote:
The Hotel Congress is great. It's like walking through a door to the early 1900s. It is the ultimate hotel DIVE.
. . .
After we left for the Kon Tiki and stumbled back in around 2:30 in the morning, we decided to find the "so called" Hotel Congress Ghosts we were told frequent the boiler room and the attic. The clerks frowned on our snooping around and soon caught on to our shenanigans. They caught us as we were exploring pitch black hallways that lead to God only knows where and were obviously off limits. After a few harsh words they grounded us to our room. Oh well. The legend of the Haunted Hotel Congress remains an unsolved mystery.

Excellent post-tiki bar urban archeology. Hopefully, someone else will follow your footsteps, inspired by your actions.

Hey Humuhumu, what's the long white thing with the triangular pattern in images 3458-3460? The close-up looks kinda like part of a control panel on a Klingon ship (pushes glasses up)...and what are the "N""E" "O" banners at the end of the album?

H

That long white thing is a VERY cool light fixture in the ladies' room (don't know if there's a similar one in the mens' room). I actually don't really know what the NEO thing is--that's a sign that's out front of the Smuggler's Inn, where I was staying, perhaps it's the hotel's restaurant/lounge. I didn't take a moment to explore it.

That long white thing is a VERY cool light fixture in the ladies' room (don't know if there's a similar one in the mens' room).

Oh man! The ladies room is the one room I never explored...and if discovered I could have used a great line from My Favorite Year.

woman in restroom: "Sir, this is for women only"
Peter O'Toole: "so is THIS, madame, but sometimes I have to run a little water through it"

I had wondered if the Pearl of Wisdom mentioned in Tiki Road Trip was in there, but I'm guessing its not.

Howdy all.

Sure was great meeting and drinking with you all. Just a quick update to let you know that we got our new mugs, courtesy of Tiki Farm (thanks, Holden!) yesterday. They look great.

Today is Mr. Cheeky Half's Birthday and we'll be stopping by Kon Tiki to both celebrate and raise an under-priced but overly-sweet (new) mug to the memory of Martin Denny.

Mr. and Mrs. CH

Any current Arizona Tiki events being planned? I know lots of folks will be off to Tiki Oasis soon and unfortunately we can't go but we would like to be part of any local activities.

What happened to the Kon Tiki bowl that was being planned? There is another thread here that shows the sculpted wax master from Tiki Farm? Any word on when or if that will be available?

Were the two brown Kon Tiki mugs by Tiki Farms (as seen in Humuhumu's pics) actually available or were those samples?

On 2005-05-12 05:33, tikijackalope wrote:
Were the two brown Kon Tiki mugs by Tiki Farms (as seen in Humuhumu's pics) actually available or were those samples?

I belive they are available as I received a mug and shot glass in the mail.

J
john posted on Sun, May 15, 2005 3:19 AM

On 2005-04-21 16:04, La Tiki-ette wrote:
Any current Arizona Tiki events being planned? I know lots of folks will be off to Tiki Oasis soon and unfortunately we can't go but we would like to be part of any local activities.

hopefully there will be something here soon, in june i will be participating in the first friday art walk in phoenix.. maybe with my work it could be kind of an arizona tiki event?
-john

TMF

Please let me know..... I will be leaving Texas early June... I will be in LA for the Playboy Jazzfeast then back to AZ for some R&R for a couple of weeks... Around the 15th to the 27th of June.....

J
john posted on Tue, May 17, 2005 2:52 AM

the first friday artwalk is on june 3rd from 6-10pm. i am trying to get my location ironed out, it looks as if i will be on roosevelt between 3rd and 4th avenue.
as the event gets closer i will post specifics
-john

Pages: 1 2 60 replies