Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Those Gargantuan Topics on TC!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Is anyone else too damn lazy to read some of those topics that have exploded into 10-1000 pages?

Initially it starts small and you never bother to read it; maybe the topic doesn't appeal to your taste or perhaps it's an aspect of tiki that doesn't particularly interest you. But before you know it the responses have gone into orbit - you make a mental note of the replies and viewed column numbers taking off. Eventually the topic drops out of sight for a day or two and before you blink it's at the top of the forum for weeks at a time. You want to find out what the hype is all about but you feel like you're going to be stepping into quicksand by opening the topic. Mind you, the topic still holds no interest but you find yourself thinking, "what the hell is going on in that damn topic?" Or often times you feel like reading this topic would be like watching the last 10 minutes of a good movie - sure you'd probably like what you saw but you're not particularly sure of how or why it all came to that conclusion. Maybe you feel out of touch with this "in" topic and jumping on the bandwagon and reading it now would just be insincere and lame.

I don't know...maybe it's just me...:wink:

M

Johntiki,

I had to laugh when I read your post, because I have felt EXACTLY like that many times. You read the subject or the first post and you're not interested at all, but shortly there after, it seems like your the only one that isn't. It gets to be 10 pages long and now you have to make the decision if you want to read the whole damn thing - and like you said - You still don't care?! So, you ignore it and hope it goes away... Nope. Pop, right back up to the top of the page. Now it's 12 pages!!!

I think we should make sure this thread lives in infamy.

Nobody wants to be the guy sittin' on the shore with his clothes on watchin' everybody else jump nekkid into the lake. Eventually if you take the time to track these lengthy topics your gonna find a post that pushes your RESPONSE button and you'll jump in too (especially if your a hyperactive, opinionated, mr. know-it-all blabbermouth like me).

I'm too damn lazy to read this pre-gargantuan topic until it gets to at least 11 pages.

H

I have to say I dont bother, no matter what..But you have a point there... however maybe I should now......hmmmm....I just cant decide....

If the topic goes on for several pages, I'll check out the first page or two - but if it isn't interesting - it's too time consuming to wade through it.....

On 2005-01-21 22:18, johntiki wrote:
Is anyone else too damn lazy

yes.

-Z

Pages: 1 6 replies